Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Complete List of Slipcase/Slipcover Editions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9685-complete-list-slipcase-slipcover-editions.html)

NMA 8th October 2012 09:05 PM

Complete List of Slipcase/Slipcover Editions

Hi,

Does anyone have a complete list of slipcase/slipcover editions released by Arrow Video?

Thanks in advance :)

sawyer6 8th October 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMA (Post 280112)
Hi,

Does anyone have a complete list of slipcase/slipcover editions released by Arrow Video?

Thanks in advance :)

This can help you http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...lete-list.html

Bobz 6th November 2013 12:28 PM

I think a definitive list of every slipcase release from Arrow would be handy, so here's what I think is the complete list. Please post here if I missed one.

Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
City of the Living Dead
Inferno
Caligula
A Bay of Blood
Deep Red
The Beyond
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
The Cat O' Nine Tails
Tenebrae
Phenomena
The Funhouse
Vamp
The House by the Cemetery
Maniac Cop
Frankenhooker
Obsession
Forbidden Zone
Zombie Flesh Eaters
Black Sunday
Lisa and the Devil
Red Scorpion
Demons
Demons 2
The Exterminator

J Harker 6th November 2013 01:08 PM

The individual Demons releases in the black slipcases.

trebor8273 6th November 2013 01:09 PM

the exterminator

Bobz 6th November 2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 376063)
The individual Demons releases in the black slipcases.

Gah! How silly of me for missing those beauts! Thank you.

trebor8273: Nice one, thanks. I was looking up The Exterminator on online stores and they seem to have a non-slipcased edition. So for some titles we may have a problem knowing whether we are ordering the slipcased editions or the plain editions...

Edit: Can anyone confirm that the Amazon UK copy of The Exterminator is the slipcase edition? The slipcases are evident in all other listings on Amazon except this one, which clearly shows a regular, non-slipcased blu ray disc.

Edit 2: Are there in fact slipcased AND non-slipcased editions of some titles on the market? Any help would be much appreciated!

trebor8273 6th November 2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 376065)
Gah! How silly of me for missing those beauts! Thank you.

trebor8273: Nice one, thanks. I was looking up The Exterminator on online stores and they seem to have a non-slipcased edition. So for some titles we may have a problem knowing whether we are ordering the slipcased editions or the plain editions...

when i placed order with amazon from web page its not a slipcase but it is, well at least my copy was. think red scorpion is as well

Bobz 6th November 2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 376067)
when i placed order with amazon from web page its not a slipcase but it is, well at least my copy was. think red scorpion is as well

Yeah, those are the 2 titles I'm missing from the current list above. The image for Red Scorpion clearly shows the slipcase.

When did you order your copy of The Exterminator? The other worrying thing is that it says "back in stock November 15th". Could it be a newer, non-slipcased release?

trebor8273 6th November 2013 01:51 PM

tuesday alone with red scorpion and some others, red scorpion and a couple of other things should of been here by now so much for amazon prime. with any luck will be here tomorrow and will post.

Bobz 6th November 2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 376069)
tuesday alone with red scorpion and some others, red scorpion and a couple of other things should of been here by now so much for amazon prime. with any luck will be here tomorrow and will post.

Cheers for that! I noticed that Red Scorpion says dispatched within 7-12 days so maybe that has not even been dispatched yet? There should be a dispatch estimate if you view the order.

How do you find Amazon prime in general? Its not available to Ireland but it seems like a good deal. Does it speed up dispatch time at all? Sometimes it takes 2 days to get a dispatch notice.

Susan Foreman 26th November 2013 12:07 PM

According to this site - The Video Deck: Out of print - what and why? - this is the current standing for the limited edition slipcases:

"ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SLIPBOXES
A Bay of Blood *sold out*
Battle Royale *sold out*
Black Sunday [Dual Format]
Caligula *sold out*
City of the Living Dead *sold out*
Day of the Dead *sold out*
Dawn of the Dead *sold out*
Deep Red
Demons *very few copies remaining*
Demons 2 *very few copies remaining*
Forbidden Zone *sold out*
Frankenhooker *sold out*
Inferno *sold out*
Lisa and the Devil [Dual Format]
Maniac Cop *sold out*
Obsession *very few copies remaining*
Phenomena *sold out*
Red Scorpion
Tenebrae *sold out*
The Beyond *sold out*
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage *very few copies remaining*
The Cat o’ Nine Tails *very few copies remaining*
The Exterminator *sold out*
The Funhouse *sold out*
The House by the Cemetery
Vamp
Zombie Flesh-Eaters [Limited to 500] *sold out*

ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION DVD SLIPBOXES
A Bay of Blood *sold out*
City of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead *sold out*
Deep Red *sold out*
Inferno
Martin *sold out*
Phenomena
Tenebrae *sold out*
The Beyond
The Kentucky Fried Movie
Vamp"

In addition to those, this is what is hapening with the other limited edition Arrow releases:

"ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOKS
Battle Royale *sold out*
Big Trouble in Little China
Blow Out
Demons 1&2
Foxy Brown
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
King of New York
Lady Snowblood 1&2 *few copies remaining*
Lifeforce
Tenebrae *Zavvi Exclusive*
The Beyond *Zavvi Exclusive*
The Fall of the House of Usher
Time Bandits
Zombie Flesh-Eaters *sold out*

ARROW VIDEO SPECIAL LIMITED EDITIONS
Battle Royale BD [Limited to 10,000] *very few copies remaining*
Battle Royale DVD [Limited to 5,000] *sold out*
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [Limited to 10,000]

ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION BOXSETS
Dario Argento: The Neo Giallo Collection *sold out*
Fantastic Factory Presents"

Nordicdusk 26th November 2013 01:29 PM

Great list Suzi i have most of the Slip cases but missed out on Forbidden Zone Caligula and Funhouse.:(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2013 01:42 PM

Thanks for posting, Suzi.

I have all the Blu-ray slipcase editions (except Red Scorpion 'cos it suuuccckkks!) and all of the steelbooks (including Big Trouble and Tenebrae on pre-order) except Blow Out and Foxy Brown as I'm not keen on the designs for those (plus I have the Criterion Blu of Blow Out).

Nordicdusk 26th November 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 380051)
Thanks for posting, Suzi.

I have all the Blu-ray slipcase editions (except Red Scorpion 'cos it suuuccckkks!) and all of the steelbooks (including Big Trouble and Tenebrae on pre-order) except Blow Out and Foxy Brown as I'm not keen on the designs for those (plus I have the Criterion Blu of Blow Out).

The like is for the Red Scorpian comment. Its a bad film and i love bad films usually but that was too boring. Sadly i may have to pick it up just for completion purposes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 380054)
The like is for the Red Scorpian comment. Its a bad film and i love bad films usually but that was too boring. Sadly i may have to pick it up just for completion purposes.

Don't do it nordic! Don't give into the demands of the slipcase gods! :pray:

sawyer6 26th November 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 380056)

It's very cheap at the moment,I'll pick it too just for completion

Bobz 28th November 2013 04:39 PM

Wow, thanks for the lists suzigina. Legendary stuff :eek:

I thought I had all of the steelbooks until I saw Battle Royale on that list (which I promptly snapped up). Also never knew about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 limited edition.

Bloody hell, I feel completely disconnected from Arrow since they were buried in the bowels of the forum.

Thanks!

Nordicdusk 28th November 2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 380056)

Im a sucker for those dam slipcases. But can i justify owning two copies of Red Scorpian im not so sure.:lol:

sawyer6 28th November 2013 06:07 PM

Damn I've just noticed that The Exterminator is sold out,when did they announce that :(

Bobz 28th November 2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 380522)
Damn I've just noticed that The Exterminator is sold out,when did they announce that :(

Don't worry, its in stock at Amazon for peanuts.

sawyer6 28th November 2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 380523)
Don't worry, its in stock at Amazon for peanuts.

Thanks,do you think that Zavvi has it too because it's cheaper there but is it the same version?

Bobz 28th November 2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 380524)
Thanks,do you think that Zavvi has it too because it's cheaper there but is it the same version?

From what we can gather, there is no non-slipcased version. The packshot image is misleading. Go ahead and buy it from either retailer :thumb:

Edit: Just to be entirely clear, Arrow have only relased 2 versions of The Exterminator: the slipcaed blu-ray and the ArrowDrome release.

sawyer6 28th November 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 380525)
From what we can gather, there is no non-slipcased version. The packshot image is misleading. Go ahead and buy it from either retailer :thumb:

Edit: Just to be entirely clear, Arrow have only relased 2 version of The Exterminator: the slipcaed blu-ray and the ArrowDrome release.

Look at Arrow's site
The Exterminator | Arrow Films

Thanks

Bobz 28th November 2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 380526)
Look at Arrow's site
The Exterminator | Arrow Films

What the... never saw that image before! The description is missing the poster, so it certainly does seem like an "unlimited", non-slipcased version.

Notice that the Amazon packshot image is different and the description says it does contain the poster. The low price is also indicative of a long-released version. £6.25 compared to £16.99 on Arrow. There's no way the newer version would be £6.25 on Amazon. So if you want the slipcased version I would order now if I were you...

Thanks for that sawyer.

sawyer6 28th November 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobz (Post 380528)
What the... never saw that image before! The description is missing the poster, so it certainly does seem like an "unlimited", non-slipcased version.

Notice that the Amazon packshot image is different and the description says it does contain the poster. The low price is also indicative of a long-released version. £6.25 compared to £16.99 on Arrow. There's no way the newer version would be £6.25 on Amazon. So if you want the slipcased version I would order now if I were you...

Thanks for that sawyer.

I'm about to

DayzeUK 30th November 2013 01:14 PM

Can we add the "Day of the Dead" ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION DVD SLIPBOX version, its always bothered me that it was missing from the list posted on the video deck/blog.

Bobz 15th January 2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayzeUK (Post 380886)
Can we add the "Day of the Dead" ARROW VIDEO LIMITED EDITION DVD SLIPBOX version, its always bothered me that it was missing from the list posted on the video deck/blog.

Its amazing how they seem to disappear from listings when they sell out... do you have any images or maybe even a link to a shop that still has this?

sawyer6: Did you get your slipcase edition of The Exterminator? I think I ordered just before you, but I didn't open mine until Christmas. I actually received the new, non-slipcased edition. The order was made before Amazon updated their images to reflect the new edition.

DayzeUK 15th January 2014 12:04 PM

Borrowed these from another thread. They dont show the Slip Cover but the packaging does include one.