Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2012, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Three by the same director?

I don´t know why, but it´s making me a LITTLE bit worried.

I fear it´s just something mainstream like Romero and Craven. And except for the Zombie trilogy and Elmstreet, most of their movies are pretty mediocre, but not in fun italiano style

Here´s hoping for an awesome Bruno Mattei trilogy with movies like Robowar or Shocking Dark
Yeah I've got to agree there. I like a bit of variation, but when I saw 9 releases, I thought "somethings going on here".

And now Janurary has 2 by the same director, who is already in the Arrow collection, and Feburary has 3 by the same director, who is new to Arrow. So that is 5 titles by only 2 directors.
Steel76 likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 24th October 2012, 12:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Ready for another teaser? Of course you are! Here's today's...

February includes three Dual Format releases by the same director, new to the Arrow Video collection
Bad Taste
Meet The Feebles
Braindead

now that would be a dream come true

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Bad Taste
Meet The Feebles
Braindead

OR

Rabid
Shivers
and either The Brood or Scanners

now that would also be a dream come true

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th October 2012, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
OR

Rabid
Shivers
and either The Brood or Scanners

now that would also be a dream come true
Another UK company, possibly Second Sight are releasing Scanners and The Brood next year
antmumford and Steel76 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Any director that has made at least three films, that narrows it down(not), what about his/her nationality?

I'm still leaning towards the U.S.,Troma or the like.
Old 24th October 2012, 02:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Looking at the Facebook page a lot of people seem to want more "mainstream" horror from Raimi, Craven, Romero, Carpenter.

I kinda feel that releasing stuff that is easly avalible on earlier DVD/BD:s is just a waste of discs, when Arrow could stick with the more obscure and unreleased stuff.

Sure I would love to have an Arrow edition of "Evil Dead" and "The Thing" sometime in the future, but to me it´s more important that they focus on stuff that hasn´t been re-released about a "billion" times the last 15 years.

Kinda feels like most people have a very narrow taste and imagination within these genres, and stick to their damn Friday the 13th and Elmstreet kind of mainstream horror that have basically been done to death on the formats
Old 24th October 2012, 02:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Whilst I, too, would like to see stuff that hasn't previously been released, the guys at Arrow have to put food on the table, keep a roof over their heads, and ensure that Arrow keeps turning a profit. We might like unreleased films, but would it be profitable to Arrow? They need to keep their revenue streams going. So now and again we have to acknowledge that they need to release films that will be big sellers so that they can keep giving us the more obscure stuff as well. Arrow are a business folks, time to realise this fact - they need to make money and sometimes that means releasing stuff that will appeal to the mainstream as well as to the cult fans. That's a reality we have to accept, especially in these lean times.
Old 24th October 2012, 02:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm not really understanding why everyone seems to think Evil Dead may be getting an Arrow release.

Sony are releasing a blu as a steel book in November, and Evil Dead 2 was released in 2008.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 02:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Whilst I, too, would like to see stuff that hasn't previously been released, the guys at Arrow have to put food on the table, keep a roof over their heads, and ensure that Arrow keeps turning a profit. We might like unreleased films, but would it be profitable to Arrow? They need to keep their revenue streams going. So now and again we have to acknowledge that they need to release films that will be big sellers so that they can keep giving us the more obscure stuff as well. Arrow are a business folks, time to realise this fact - they need to make money and sometimes that means releasing stuff that will appeal to the mainstream as well as to the cult fans. That's a reality we have to accept, especially in these lean times.
I think everyone is aware of that but personally I'd have thought that the constant re-releasing of Battle Royale would have been one of their more profitable ventures. Although the forthcoming Dallamano releasing definitely fall into the more obscure category so who knows?
Old 24th October 2012, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Bad Taste
Meet The Feebles
Braindead

Yes. This . . .

(some Arrow Larry Cohen would be good too)
Criterion7 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!