Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2012, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post

Arrow should stick with more "rare" stuff.
Like Within The Woods
Steel76 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Like Within The Woods
Yeah, I LOVE that short movie
I would gladly pay full price for a DVD/BD transfered from RaimiĀ“s negatives/print. The one that is avalible on torrent sites have an insane amount of VHS tracking issues.
Rik likes this.
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, because The Funhouse and Obsession are in the same league as Evil Dead regarding home video sales

When ABUK first started putting DVD's out it was a very different world than it is now! Yeah, there was a few VHS collectorsd/obsessives, but nothing compared to the disc freaks you get nowadays! Evil Dead is a massive cash cow for Renaissance now, comic books, video games, DVD's, all that shit, so if they're going to re-release (and I fully expect they will, just like in the US - hence that ones region locking) it will be a major release to rake in those collector monies, not a limited Arrow Video one.

AV can't even sell 500 copies of the "revered" ZFE that everybody was supposedly dying for a slipcase version of, so the brand can't be that strong.

And I think you misunderstood my "taking the piss" comment, it just means "you're having a laugh" out here in the flat lands.
robertzombie and loki666 like this.

Last edited by Baseball Fury; 23rd October 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Speaking of Craven how about an Arrow edition of the Hills Have Eyes 2.

Yes crappy but I liked it..I wonder sometimes if I am a film fan or masochist.
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

For me, I'd love to see Shocker, People Under The Stairs, The Serpent & The Rainbow or Last House on the Left on BD Wes Craven
Daemonia likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th October 2012, 12:25 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Yeah, because The Funhouse and Obsession are in the same league as Evil Dead regarding home video sales

When ABUK first started putting DVD's out it was a very different world than it is now! Yeah, there was a few VHS collectorsd/obsessives, but nothing compared to the disc freaks you get nowadays! Evil Dead is a massive cash cow for Renaissance now, comic books, video games, DVD's, all that shit, so if they're going to re-release (and I fully expect they will, just like in the US - hence that ones region locking) it will be a major release to rake in those collector monies, not a limited Arrow Video one.

AV can't even sell 500 copies of the "revered" ZFE that everybody was supposedly dying for a slipcase version of, so the brand can't be that strong.

And I think you misunderstood my "taking the piss" comment, it just means "you're having a laugh" out here in the flat lands.
Why are you aiming all this at me as if it's my fault that the Evil Dead films are popular?

Whilst ED has a massive fanbase, don't underestimate the popularity of a De Palma film.

And for the record, I was thinking of the AB release of Evil Dead 2 that came out late '98 when ABUS were most certainly a boutique label at that point. Selling cult films is how they got where they are today. Whoever licenses ED2 will pay the same for it regardless, so I'm not sure what your point is. I was simply speculating and you went a bit overboard in your reaction to that as if I was somehow responsible for there being so many versions out there of ED and ED2.

Anyway, it seems Lionsgate are doing ED2, so my speculation was wrong. But, please, don't try and infer that my comments are somehow stupid. That's not nice.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'd like to see Arrow release Fulci's Cat in the Brain and Zombi 3.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'd like to see Arrow release Fulci's Cat in the Brain and Zombi 3.
I'd buy them! Not sure why, but I would!
Steel76 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 24th October 2012, 02:59 AM
Active Cultist

its about time they or shameless released some maurizio merli eurocrime films.
these old classics such as the cynic, the rat and the fist, rome armed to the teeth, a special cop in action would be great.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 24th October 2012, 08:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I'd buy them! Not sure why, but I would!
I know they're far from Fulci's best flicks but I'd snap them up straight away, if released.
Steel76 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!