LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2012, 02:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, the eye-stabbing scene is faded out soon on the Vengeance Edition
I've only seen the LE red cover edition, is there a massive difference, hardcore inserts(pun intended) aside?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2012, 02:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Only seen the XXX version. Thought it was pretty rubbish and those slow mo shots seemed to go on for about 4 hours.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 25th October 2012, 02:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've only seen the LE red cover edition, is there a massive difference, hardcore inserts(pun intended) aside?
There's not a great deal to be honest and you don't miss much in just having the red cover edition. Movie-Censorship.com has a list of the differences here
Rik likes this.
Old 25th October 2012, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Being North American I already have great versions of the Bava. Might go for the Django film, just have to make sure its not one I already own. And Dead-End Drive-In.

I'm personally disappointed i what looks to be the way Arrow is going. I guess its that old adage of "sex sells"..well not to me. Zero interest in anything but the two mentioned. I wouldn't mind double dipping on a Bava if it had been something along the lines of Blood and Black Lace.

Anyone else wish we would have seen more horror?
Old 25th October 2012, 02:55 PM
Cultist in Training

I just hope it's the longer version of Freda's I Vampiri...
And I will buy the Baldi Western.
Old 25th October 2012, 03:22 PM
Cultist in Training

With "longer version" I mean the Guillotine scene which was initially dropped, but was included in the trailer. Would make for a fine precredits scene. It would explain a lot more:
Horror Digital Forum - View Single Post - I Vampiri - New release by Anolis Germany
Here's the trailer (look for the Guillotine at 2:07):

And while we're at it. If Black Sunday is the longer , Italian version, I will definitely buy it!
Old 25th October 2012, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

With regards to the home video premiere, I wonder if they've somehow managed to license the AIP version of Black Sunday?
Old 25th October 2012, 04:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pretty overjoyed with the list personally. Although I have zero interest in the sleeze. But the Bava releases are a godsend. I'm especially looking forward to hear about the extras, knowing what a great package A Bay Of Blood is. It would be nice to see the booklets a bit more sizeable than usual for these releases (these films clearly warrant it), more akin to Eureka's MoC work. It's nice to see Riccardo Freda too. If Deadly Blessing is on Blu-ray I'll bite (despite owning the Arrow DVD). Dead End Drive-in sounds very interesting and I'll certainly give it a try (I assume this is the Arrow Drome Sci-fi one?). I may aswell give Django, Prepare A Coffin a try too, since it'll be like £6 to pre-order from HMV.

Great list for me, in Q1 alone I'll have almost equalled what I've bought (and intend to buy) from Arrow in 2012. Hoping tomorrow will include plenty of new artwork to love/hate.

I hear the upcoming BBC Euro Horror Documentary features a lot of Bava, and it's nice that people not familiar with his work will now have these releases to look forward to, should they be inclined to sample the delights.
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 25th October 2012, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Recently got a blu of Black Sunday so the only way I'm double dipping is if they pour on the extras. Like to see a lengthy Bava docu put on it That would definitely be tempting. Hoping Django is an Arrow and not Arrowdrome release cause it deserves it. I think its the terrence hill Django film, if so it was a pretty good film. Either way its a must buy, lets hope we get some good features and the start of a good line of Spaghetti western releases by Arrow.

On the flipside, lets kill the sleaze releases so much. Nothing wrong with them but its taking away space that actual horror could have..you know like SNDN2

Its good to see the UK getting good releases of the Bava though. Doesnt help me much but my genre fans from the UK have a right to be excited...except Lisa and the Devil/House of Exorcism is a surprising choice. You'd think they'd ave gone with Baron Blood or Blood an Black Lace..both much better films. Then again maybe there were rights issues and its the best they could get.

Not a lot for me here. Two in total.
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 25th October 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Addict

Forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but aren't the two leads from Baise-Moi dead? Are Arrow going to release a special senace edition?
Steel76 and Criterion7 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!