Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Baise-Moi - Specs Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9917-baise-moi-specs-thread.html)

Pete 7th February 2013 11:13 AM

I wonder how many are going to come on and say 'It must have been pre-cut, surely?'

Daemonia 7th February 2013 11:29 AM

So that whole sexual violence study that was conducted for the BBFC was just a load of bollocks then? It must be, if they've passed this uncut complete with rape scenes including hardcore penetration shots within that context. They sometimes really baffle me. I mean, it's good that it's passed uncut, but it does make a mockery of their own ratings system. A bit of softcore fumbling that resembles an inept rape is cut from Tombs of the Blind of the Dead but hardcore explicitness in a rape scene in Baise Moi is perfectly okay...? :crazy:

Quick, while the BBFC are obviously high at the moment resubmit I Spit On Your Grave, it'll fly through if Baise Moi can!

PaulD 7th February 2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 319737)
So that whole sexual violence study that was conducted for the BBFC was just a load of bollocks then? It must be, if they've passed this uncut complete with rape scenes including hardcore penetration shots within that context. They sometimes really baffle me. I mean, it's good that it's passed uncut, but it does make a mockery of their own ratings system. A bit of softcore fumbling that resembles an inept rape is cut from Tombs of the Blind of the Dead but hardcore explicitness in a rape scene in Baise Moi is perfectly okay...? :crazy:

Quick, while the BBFC are obviously high at the moment resubmit I Spit On Your Grave, it'll fly through if Baise Moi can!

Am I alone in thinking that if Baise Moi wasn't a subtitled foreign film it wouldn't have been uncut?

bedorca 7th February 2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 319738)
Am I alone in thinking that if Baise Moi wasn't a subtitled foreign film it wouldn't have been uncut?

No you are not. If this had been a Troma film it would have been a different story.....

Inconsistency has always been one of the BBFC's core policies :lol:

Daemonia 7th February 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 319738)

Nope, you're not alone. Obviously hardcore shots in a foreign langauge film are less dangerous than if the actors are speaking English. If they had been speaking our native tongue, this would be the most dangerous film ever and the BBFC would have hacked it to pieces. But since they speak French, it's all fine and jolly and obviously makes it all alright. Strange how only English language films are corrupting, but foreign films are completely harmless...

Hawkmonger 7th February 2013 12:24 PM

But don't you people see?! Those damn foreigners are so much more cultured than us?! Why, they make rape look almost erotic in comparison to Troma! How dare you compare such similarities you swine! :rolleyes:

What a loud of :censored:

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th February 2013 12:27 PM

Wasn't expecting the BBFC to pass this uncut, even without their recent study. You just never know what they're going to do. I'm convinced it all depends on the mood of the examiners on any given day.

Pete 7th February 2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 319746)
Wasn't expecting the BBFC to pass this uncut, even without their recent study. You just never know what they're going to do. I'm convinced it all depends on the mood of the examiners on any given day.

I didn't either, especially after they recently cut SCORE. They're so inconsistent it's insane.

Crimson Blade 7th February 2013 12:46 PM

Maybe Ichi The Killer would pass uncut now as well. It is also a foreign film after all.

Rik 7th February 2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 319750)
Maybe Ichi The Killer would pass uncut now as well. It is also a foreign film after all.

Maybe, but the rape at the start is more violent so it could cause problems