Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Baise-Moi - Specs Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9917-baise-moi-specs-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 14th August 2013 01:48 PM

It's still banned in Australia!

"BAISE MOI (2000) was banned again by the Aussie Censorship Board on the 12th of August. It's not known which version was submitted. Given a PAL running time of 74 mins, it could have been the censored UK version, or the uncensored UK DVD released this year by Arrow.

2001: R 18+ (uncensored 35mm cinema release)
2002: Banned (via attorney general-requested review)
2003: Banned (seizure of VHS and VCD copies)
2013: Banned (ostensibly for DVD)

The recent ban has occurred ahead of a planned broadcast on pay-TV. More than likely this broadcast will not go ahead. On 2nd of February 2013, the UK BBFC passed BAISE MOI uncensored (10 secs of cuts restored) with an 18 rating for cult movie distributor Arrow."

Gothmogxx 14th August 2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 358761)
It's still banned in Australia!

"BAISE MOI (2000) was banned again by the Aussie Censorship Board on the 12th of August. It's not known which version was submitted. Given a PAL running time of 74 mins, it could have been the censored UK version, or the uncensored UK DVD released this year by Arrow.

2001: R 18+ (uncensored 35mm cinema release)
2002: Banned (via attorney general-requested review)
2003: Banned (seizure of VHS and VCD copies)
2013: Banned (ostensibly for DVD)

The recent ban has occurred ahead of a planned broadcast on pay-TV. More than likely this broadcast will not go ahead. On 2nd of February 2013, the UK BBFC passed BAISE MOI uncensored (10 secs of cuts restored) with an 18 rating for cult movie distributor Arrow."

Damn that sucks...

Nordicdusk 24th January 2015 06:15 PM

Girlfriends off on a girls night out I was going to have a few beers and watch some films I was going to start with this. She saw it said it's rubbish but I have to watch it. Is it that bad?

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 433002)
Girlfriends off on a girls night out I was going to have a few beers and watch some films I was going to start with this. She saw it said it's rubbish but I have to watch it. Is it that bad?

It's not great. You'll wonder what all the fuss was about i would think.

MacBlayne 24th January 2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 433002)

I hated it. It looks rotten - very ugly digital photography and all scenes are shot in low-light locations which results in lots of artifacts and digital noise. I spent most of the film trying to decipher what's going on. Perhaps that's why the BBFC passed it uncut - they probably assumed the filmmakers already pixellated the film.

Nordicdusk 24th January 2015 07:44 PM

Just finished watching. What a load of rubbish a pointless film adding sexual penetration for shock value and to cover up a really bad story. I'm sad this is even in my collection.

Make Them Die Slowly 24th January 2015 07:50 PM

It could have been great it if was nastier and more exploitative.

MacBlayne 24th January 2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 433023)
Just finished watching. What a load of rubbish a pointless film adding sexual penetration for shock value and to cover up a really bad story. I'm sad this is even in my collection.

What do you think of Irreversible?

Make Them Die Slowly 24th January 2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 433025)
What do you think of Irreversible?

At least it has a happy ending!

MacBlayne 24th January 2015 08:13 PM

:eyebrows:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 433027)
At least it has a happy ending!

:eyebrows: