Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Baba Yaga (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=508)
-   -   SHAM019 - Baba Yaga: The Final Cut (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/baba-yaga/336-sham019-baba-yaga-final-cut.html)

Mojo 16th October 2008 02:39 PM

Director's Cut is the obvious choice, but I get the impression from Almar that he wants something a little bit different and more eye - catching, in the Shameless tradition! :)

Jonny 16th October 2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 15735)
Director's Cut is the obvious choice, but I get the impression from Almar that he wants something a little bit different and more eye - catching, in the Shameless tradition! :)

Would an 'eye catching - in the Shameless tradition' slogan actually work though? 'Work' as in help to generate sales to the casual DVD buyer?

We know that genre fans will buy this anyway so isn't the point of a slogan on this DVD's cover to try and tempt non genre fans and casual DVD buyers?

The general public are more familiar with terms like 'Director's Cut', after all they see it on countless other more mainstream DVD releases all the time. And seeing it on this film's cover may grab their attention better than some catchy phrase that tells them nothing about what they are looking at.

To me using a phrase like BABA YAGA : BACK IN ACTION etc etc could be misinterpreted by the casual browser and they could think that it is in fact a sequel to a film called BABA YAGA.

This is all just my opinion mind :cool:

trench 16th October 2008 03:48 PM

I agree with Sic and Jonny, when I saw the proposed artwork with the "Reloaded" addition, I wasn't sure what to make of it, or whether or not it fitted. Not that it's a deal-breaker or anything. As much as I enjoyed coming up with ideas for the titles, I did kind of wonder why something as simple as "Directors Cut" wasn't being used instead.

"Directors Cut", it just cuts to the chase, tells everyone what they need to know.

Almar@Cult Labs 16th October 2008 04:21 PM

Some good practical thinking here but I think it being a 35 year wait until Corrado finally gets to put out the cut he wants is a story I'd want reflected in the title - after all 'Director's Cut' has become as mis-used as 'Special Edition' etc - well in my opinion anyway!

You know the one I like and suggested by Zarith: Baba Yaga - The Final Cut

Has a nice touch of class about oi reckun! Unusual for Shameless but hey there's always a first. Also I think it should sum up the DVD package nicely because with the extras planned it will be the final and proper arrival of Baba Yaga.

Jonny 16th October 2008 04:39 PM

Yep, definitely agree 'BABA YAGA - THE FINAL CUT' works very well indeed.

And no doubt there'll be some blurb on the front - on a sticker? - explaining it's the definitive version never before released etc?

Looking forward to this quite a bit now :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th October 2008 04:46 PM

Worked well for Blade Runner....;)

siccoyote 16th October 2008 04:46 PM

Final Cut works too.

so long as you don't call it the 'Extreme Edition' which we all know means 'Cut'

cloud 16th October 2008 04:51 PM

I still think my suggestion is the best. It gives it that old Grindhouse sound, and we all know that Grindhouse films are the new pink, thanks to Quentin Tarantino.

siccoyote 16th October 2008 07:45 PM

Don't Ride With Strangers?

What's that about?

Jonny 16th October 2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 15749)
I still think my suggestion is the best. It gives it that old Grindhouse sound, and we all know that Grindhouse films are the new pink, thanks to Quentin Tarantino.

And we all know how QT's Grindhouse film ****ing nosedived at the box office... LOL!