All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2012, 07:16 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My ArrowDrome DVD arrived (I think) on Saturday and, sure enough, it doesn't have a reversible sleeve.

As it was advertised as coming with one, I'd like to think it was a printing error which could be remedied, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over the matter.
Old 17th April 2012, 08:20 AM
Cultist

For F$*%s sake! Arrow dropped the ball again!!!!?????!!!!! Wake up guys and stop letting people down with your pricing, printing, blu v's dvd and identity crisis bullshit and give us what it is we expect i.e. Arrowdrome is supposed to be a budget range so why is this release £14:99 in HMV when I paid the same for a proper Arrow release (remember those?) of Deep Red complete with all the extras I'd come to expect from a special dvd release? I'm starting to wonder what's really going on at Arrow HQ...
Old 17th April 2012, 08:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
For F$*%s sake! Arrow dropped the ball again!!!!?????!!!!! Wake up guys and stop letting people down with your pricing, printing, blu v's dvd and identity crisis bullshit and give us what it is we expect i.e. Arrowdrome is supposed to be a budget range so why is this release £14:99 in HMV when I paid the same for a proper Arrow release (remember those?) of Deep Red complete with all the extras I'd come to expect from a special dvd release? I'm starting to wonder what's really going on at Arrow HQ...
However much HMV decide to charge for something has nothing at all to do with Arrow.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:25 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
As Paul said, HMV are free to charge what they want for any release (this is £6.99 from arrowfilms.co.uk) and, just because the only source available to Arrow was in Storaro's favourite 2.00:1 ratio and there isn't any alternate artwork, doesn't call for that kind of tirade.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 17th April 2012, 02:08 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As Paul said, HMV are free to charge what they want for any release (this is £6.99 from arrowfilms.co.uk) and, just because the only source available to Arrow was in Storaro's favourite 2.00:1 ratio and there isn't any alternate artwork, doesn't call for that kind of tirade.
Ok, I may have over reacted just a bit but as I don't own a blu-ray I was VERY gutted when Arrow started offering their special editions as blu-ray only and I guess I'm still feeling the sting! Also, the HMV pricing of Arrowdrome titles is all over the place and very off putting to someone like me who does the majority of their shopping online but still likes to pick up a reasonably priced title from the high street now and then. Since losing my job recently I'm mostly relying on 2nd hand bargains to fill my needs and cupboards so you could put my rant down to sour grapes! Don't hate on me for being disgruntled though, I've been a fan of Arrow Video for a couple of years now and just started to feel a bit let down by them as they seemed to start marginalising those of us who haven't made the change to blu...
Old 17th April 2012, 02:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Well...err....

No, I'm not going to get into this one again. It is what it is.

I am curious about this forthcoming BD from VCI though, who claim theirs will be in the original 2.35:1 ratio and won't be Storaro-fied.
Me neither, but it's still allowed to joke about it i hope

Yes, i'm looking forward to that release too as i was stupid not to buy the BU release in time
Old 17th April 2012, 08:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As it was advertised as coming with one, I'd like to think it was a printing error which could be remedied, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over the matter.
And you paid how much for it Nos?

When something states 'reversible cover',doesn't and cost me £12,it pretty much pisses me off!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 17th April 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 17th April 2012, 09:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
And you paid how much for it Nos?

When something states 'reversible cover',doesn't and cost me £12,it pretty much pisses me off!
I paid £6.99 and wish there was an easy way to request a replacement cover, one with alternate artwork, but there isn't one. There should be.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,Arrow must be aware of this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:13 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah,Arrow must be aware of this.
If they aren't, I hope someone passes the message on so they can sort something out.

Like this? Share it using the links below!