Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Black Cat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2008, 05:12 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Still on order from HMV? That sounds strange for such a new release - at this rate we'll have to start selling them ourselves (that way I'll have an excuse never to go to bed again).

Let me know how Black Cat rents with the 'classy' sleeve Snips! I actually like our front cover but the original artwork is pretty cool too. When we kicked off the idea for Shameless we did use original artwork but sales/retailers told us they wouldn't stock such old looking rubbish hence we had to go more modern. Reversible sleeves were also decided as a bad idea - glad you fine people think different!
Old 6th January 2008, 08:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Still waiting for mine too from HMV, although the wait has dropped from 2 weeks to 7 days now! Does anyone else find that if you buy the DVDs instore from HMV they cost about £13 but if you pre-order on-line they are £8?
Old 8th January 2008, 08:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Finally! Some one found it!

How's that for a long-winded explanation? Bottom line is we're listening and improving where we can because we love crazy movies too and want them available in UK shops thank you very much! So for 2008 we're hoping to nail sound issues and offer you a choice of sleeves.

What's next?
That's what I like to hear...you guys here are soooo enthusiastic and that pleases me,as i say you can count on my full support,dedicated horror labels need it.....fans moan that no one gives their favourite movies the treatment they deserve,and when a company comes along like yourselves,they moan about double dipping.....I've now put my ABUS TORSO and NYR (I can live without the nipple slicing-very fake anyway) for sale on amazon.
Anchor Bay uk was once as keen as yourselves.....until STARZ bought them out.I think maybe the legendary MO CLARRIDGE dying had a lot to do with it,and I think the human movie encyclopedia Marc Morris only has so much clout,superb job that he does.......
So here's to you folks.......I just hope you're in this for the long run and not like those magazine collections (part 1 at newsagents now) and us collectors get to align our shelves with the complete 'SHAMELESS' spine logo....
Old 8th January 2008, 09:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

And then the sequel to the spine logo!

Shameless: Shaming Harder???

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 8th January 2008, 09:32 PM
Cultist

Send a message via AIM to snipsmovies Send a message via MSN to snipsmovies Send a message via Yahoo to snipsmovies

The latest batch of Shameless releases got me really excited as other than 'Phantom Of Death', it was the first twosome where I hadn't previouslly seen either, so I saw Black Cat today. Very impressed of course. I think Fulci is definitely in my Top 3 Italian Directors, but for whatever reason I hadn't managed to grab a copy of this movie.

I loved the British setting of the film really suited it, despite it being weird for a Fulci film. Patrick Magee was the standout actor of the film with a 100% crazed performance. (confession: back in the day I used to think he was the Avengers guy.......). I thought the way Fulci used that pulsating zoom shot once or twice was really intense, and the fact that there was little gore did the movie no disservice. Oh yeah, and David Warbeck is just a screen legend.

The transfer of the picture to DVD was pleasantly suprising. Yes, I know we are up to number 5 and 6 now, but I still expect to slide in the next Shameless movie and for the picture to be crap as you guys are under such a tight budget, but so far so good.

I think that us Brits have been let down so many times with genre companies that we expect the worse, but Shameless just seems to grow with every purchase - even the trailers are up to date, something I thought would fall by the wayside early on !!

Impressed - excited - outstanding value for money.
Old 9th January 2008, 08:54 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Couldn't of put it better myself snips. Shameless are a long awaited breath of fresh air in our little corner of the UK DVD market. A company that cares about the movies and about the punters who will buy them. Where else can you have chats with the bosses of the company on a public internet forum!

I will keep supporting the mighty Shameless for as long as they need me
Old 11th January 2008, 01:44 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipsmovies View Post
Patrick Magee was the standout actor of the film with a 100% crazed performance. (confession: back in the day I used to think he was the Avengers guy.......).
Same here! I spent the entire duration thinking Mr. Steed had changed a lot as he got older! Only after checking IMDB afterwards did I realise this was a Patrick Magee and not Patrick MacNee! oops.

Really enjoyed The Black Cat although have to admit, having watched at least a half dozen of Fulchi's more graphic movies before, it wasn't what I expected!! It was more of a Hammer-style supernatural thriller than your typical Italian-gorefest. Even the music was not your usual pop-style fare, and there was little (or no) voice dubbing as most of the actors were British anyway! I hadn't seen any of the Black Cat movies before so had no idea what to expect, but it held my attention while I did my ironing & I would watch it again. Picture quality was excellent (upscaled on HD-TV) and the audio was pretty good too, little hiss and clean dialgoue. The trailers for Ratman and Flavia look promising. Recommend this one 7/10
Old 23rd May 2008, 03:30 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default SHAM006 - The Black Cat

Here's where to give us your feedback and thoughts on The Black Cat.
Old 23rd May 2008, 06:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice pic quality....I dumped my abus version for this one...
And the landmark film which introduced us to the famous double sided cover...
Old 25th May 2008, 05:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

I really like this flick. I think this, along with Manhattan Baby, represent the ( cats ) tail end of Fulci at his best.

Although neither are quite up to the standard of his classics, they've still got enough about them to be thoroughly entertaining.

Nice pq on the Shameless Black Cat. Love the pov tracking cat shots in this one. Great music too ( another staple of classic Fulci ).

Like this? Share it using the links below!