Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Make Them Die Slowly
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

1. Old Comment

Shit that floats about in my head

I miss the girls too, they will return in time but for now Vic has to stay unless he comes out of hiding to play.

We know who you are Mr VD, time to drop the mask.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 29th August 2013 at 10:50 AM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  2. Old Comment

Or The Stooges playing at a Hermann Nitsch akion...

(Respect to Vic an all dude, but I miss the Requiem for a Vampire avatar)
  3. Old Comment

It's more like Bill Bourroughs getting it on with Benny Hill.
    Posted 28th August 2013 at 10:39 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  4. Old Comment

Your poetry sounds like a film i'd watch. Most likely made by Rollin or Franco.
    Posted 28th August 2013 at 10:37 PM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  5. Old Comment

Four Years

Hard work. Being weak and puny doesn't help, also I have freaky hands with tendons that leap off my knuckles when I make a fist causing massive bruising when I punch anything. So, I'm doing every thing open handed. It looks cool but doesn't pack the wallop of a fist. That said, I'm loving it and would go to every class if I didn't have other commitments.
    Posted 5th May 2013 at 11:13 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  6. Old Comment

Four Years

How are the martial arts going MTDS?

Are you a natural or is it hard work?
    Posted 4th May 2013 at 10:50 PM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  7. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

Cheers guys. The kidney stone pain is in flux at the moment, so things aren't so bad. I'm back at the Doctor's later in the week for some test results. As for films...'Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things' seems to have done the trick and restarted my film mojo.
    Posted 10th December 2012 at 11:48 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  8. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

Yeah, I've always found film books a great motivator for picking films off the shelf... recently I read City of Nets: A Portrait of Hollywood in the 40's and I went headlong into 3 Warner Film Noir collections previously languishing on the shelf... sometimes you just need a context... I hope you're feeling better soon J. I remember well 2 years ago when I was laid up in the hospital for 4 days with stones, and drinking oceans of water around the clock. The only thing that made the time bearable was David Sheppard's excellent bio On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno. Sometimes a good book can be the perfect prescription...
  9. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

Hope you feel better soon MTDS! Perhaps try to get into something different - a genre of film you've never really watched? There must be something! Or pick up a new book about exploitation films and get stuck into that.
    Posted 5th December 2012 at 12:02 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  10. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

"It completely drains me and leaves me feeling spaced out and disconnected from things."

You sure thats not from reading Vic's posts.
    Posted 4th December 2012 at 10:22 AM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  11. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

I've got just about every type of exploitation film, art house and mainstream film to watch. I've been pondering on this today and think it might be more to do with the medication I'm on rather than me. It completely drains me and leaves me feeling spaced out and disconnected from things. Still, it's numbing the pain in my kidney, so I can't really complain.
    Posted 3rd December 2012 at 11:06 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  12. Old Comment

Cult Ennui

What sort of thing is in your current to-watch pile MTDS, which brings about this most serious of problems?
    Posted 3rd December 2012 at 10:36 PM by Demdike@Cult Labs Demdike@Cult Labs is offline
  13. Old Comment

See ya soon.

We all need a break sometimes - take care MTDS, and hope to see you back on here soon.

You bring a unique and refreshing view to a lot of the topics on here, so your posts will be missed by many, I'm sure.
    Posted 22nd May 2012 at 10:13 PM by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs bizarre_eye@Cult Labs is offline
  14. Old Comment

Film Maker as Shaman

All great choices from the Doc there. Inland Empire takes me to an unpleasant place. Eden Log as well. Havent seen this Begotten, but will remedy this shortly methinks.
  15. Old Comment

Film Maker as Shaman

Hello MTDS, thought I'd pop in and see what was going on.
    As you know from our previous conversations I'm fascinated by this one too, but film makers who actually do manage to break on through to the other side are few and far between.

Jean Rollin does it more often than not (from what I've seen so far, still to subject myself to 'Zombie Lake', 'Sidewalks of Bangkok' or 'Killing Cars' though...)

Fulci achieved it with 'Lizard In A Woman's Skin', 'Don't Torture A Duckling' and 'The Beyond'

Kubrick does it with 'The Shining' (though I can see why people think that Jack Nichlolson undoes it with his performance)

Zulawski's 'Possession' - gonzoid madness!

'Begotten' - cooking show from a demonic dimension masquerading as an art film

There must be more.

Oh yeah, Zebedy Colt....

And yours would be?
    Posted 12th September 2010 at 06:22 PM by Doc Benway Doc Benway is offline

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.