Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > ArgentoFan1987
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

1. Old Comment

Thought I'd try and do something with my life!

Indeed, not trying to showboat but just take a look at some of mine on the Cult Labs Members Reviews thread. not strictly useful are they? In a technical sense anyhow. It's the passion for the subject we care about here I find.
    Comment with Quote permalink
  2. Old Comment

DUEL

Aye. Go for it loon!!
  3. Old Comment

DUEL

Thanks, guys. I'll try and post another one in the next few days.
    Posted 6th November 2012 at 04:28 AM by ArgentoFan1987 ArgentoFan1987 is offline
  4. Old Comment

DUEL

Marc, don't let one arsehole put you off. You review is fine and a nice balance between fact and feeling.
    Posted 2nd November 2012 at 03:28 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  5. Old Comment

DUEL

Hang on a sec Marc - someone gave you grief for the Duel review ?? I thought it was totally fine, it made me want to see the film again, and to me that's what a successful review is all about... Don't pay any attention to any Barry Norman-wannabe !
  6. Old Comment

DUEL

I don't know. I'm not really good at reviews. This was just kind of a test. As I've had some harsh criticism about this view from someone, I doubt I'll be doing another one.
    Posted 30th October 2012 at 05:45 AM by ArgentoFan1987 ArgentoFan1987 is offline
  7. Old Comment

DUEL

Nice review. Are you joining in on the Cult Lab Members Review thread. We need new people to take the piss out of, er, I mean post reviews.
    Posted 29th October 2012 at 09:57 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  8. Old Comment

DUEL

I loved that I DIDN'T explode. Went against my expectation.
    Posted 29th October 2012 at 10:34 AM by ArgentoFan1987 ArgentoFan1987 is offline
  9. Old Comment

DUEL

Good stuff Marc, and if I had the film in my collection I would watch it now. It's one of those films where you're squinting to see more - who's behind the wheel of the truck - but Spielberg very wisely never reveals him. I love the dinosaur roar of the truck in the finale...
  10. Old Comment
    Posted 29th October 2012 at 03:27 AM by ArgentoFan1987 ArgentoFan1987 is offline
  11. Old Comment

Hello Marc, I think Wes is right, my favourite reviews on the forum are those which tell me more about the writer than the films. Anyone can write a review but few show themselves in the review.
    Posted 28th October 2012 at 11:17 PM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  12. Old Comment

We look forward to it Marc, and don't worry about the writing, or the mistakes, or the lack of technical specs. Write it like we're in the room with you. Write from the heart (that was very Dead Poet's Soceity, wasn't it ?)
  13. Old Comment

Great intro, ArgentoFan! Really looking forward to seeing your review of Duel now
    Posted 28th October 2012 at 02:31 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.