Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > pedromonkey

1. Old Comment

The video dead (1987) review

There's a thread in the Arrow Suggestions forum for this flick...if anyone out there would like to see Arrow release it, they should head on over and ya know...vote on the poll for it. Just sayin'.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 25th September 2010 at 08:50 AM by evilzombie20 evilzombie20 is offline
  2. Old Comment

The acting is terrible but it all adds to the charm of the film, and you got to love the artwork. Hope we see it when Arrow release it. (yes, wishful thinking)
    Posted 20th August 2010 at 02:47 PM by Stephen@Cult Labs Stephen@Cult Labs is offline
  3. Old Comment

If it ever does get a release i'll still get it because A) it's a zombie film and B) it was still quite entertaining...
    Posted 19th August 2010 at 07:01 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  4. Old Comment

Great review Pedro! This film really did have plenty of very original ideas - which is always good to see in the crowded zombie genre. It needs a dvd release! Eeee!
    Posted 19th August 2010 at 06:42 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Posted 18th July 2010 at 02:32 PM by Sam@Cult Labs Sam@Cult Labs is offline
  6. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's review of the 00's Part 1

Ha, I thought the Rollerball remake was that good I bought it on BluRay. LOL
    I loved it much better than the original.
  7. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's review of the 00's Part 1

I LOVED Battlefield Earth for the reasons you described.

It also served as a nice metaphor for the ascendence of Scientology in Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general.

That a star (admittedly still basking in a post-Pulp Fiction glow but even so...) could push a big budget action epic through the Tinseltown process to screen based on his religious convictions is remarkable, especially when you consider the sheer insanity of the faith, which, had it not been as finacially astute, would be regarded as little more than a second rate cult.

The cliche used to be that Jews ran Hollywood but it looks as if being a Scientologist is a canny career move these days and the list of musicians and actors I now have to file away in my disappointed box grows by the week.
    Posted 21st January 2010 at 10:52 AM by Sam@Cult Labs Sam@Cult Labs is offline
  8. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's movie review corner

thank you very much sam...
    Posted 11th January 2010 at 02:13 AM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  9. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's movie review corner

Nice piece, layout looks great!
    Posted 10th January 2010 at 11:23 PM by Sam@Cult Labs Sam@Cult Labs is offline
  10. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's DVD Review Corner.....

well i can still do one for each film, but to be honest i was gonna do a Silent night deadly night one and one for Dawn of the dead (original)
    Posted 19th December 2009 at 10:47 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  11. Old Comment

Great review Mr P!

btw i haven't seen Terminator Salvation or Transformers 2!
  12. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's Dvd review Corner...Part 3 of 4 DEC 09

Hey Pedromonkey - loving the effort you're putting into these reviews and the regular updates - much appreciated.

I have to say I was left quite cold by The hangover until about half way through it picked up and I started liking the characters better - it improved - mind you so did my drinks count! I thought Tyson was bizarre but quite interesting - he could do more of this kind of thing - very narrow role type but in the right film he's quite funny but scary - a hard mix to pull off.
    Posted 6th December 2009 at 03:51 PM by Almar@Cult Labs Almar@Cult Labs is offline
  13. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's DVD Review Corner.....PART 2 OF 4 DEC 09

he's definately matured as a writer, im looking forward to what he does next....
    Posted 4th December 2009 at 04:29 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  14. Old Comment

Pedromonkey's DVD Review Corner.....PART 2 OF 4 DEC 09

EXCELLENT review Pedro! Inglorious Basterds is QT's greatest film IMO and I'm just curious to see where he'll go from here.
    Posted 4th December 2009 at 03:19 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  15. Old Comment

there's gonna be a bit of a lull after next week because there's no new releases until dec 21 when the final destination is released, so what i'll do is review the big films for november instead.....
    Posted 3rd December 2009 at 12:41 AM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  16. Old Comment

Wow that's some selection - I'll be tuning in!
    Posted 2nd December 2009 at 01:45 PM by Almar@Cult Labs Almar@Cult Labs is offline

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.