Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > truckturner

1. Old Comment

Thexperiment: Le quatrième type (The Fourth Kind)

Are we talking Shawn's really bad microphone technical issues?

or that we "technically" can't stay on subject for longer than a few minutes
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 27th September 2010 at 10:55 AM by shawnduhast shawnduhast is offline
  2. Old Comment

Thexperiment: Category III: A Serbian Film & Video Nasties

This will be an interesting listen especially as Calum says this film is a no no!
    Posted 20th September 2010 at 12:32 AM by shawnduhast shawnduhast is offline
  3. Old Comment

Thanks once again Pedro. Honestly don't let the reviews and other information put you off. It is a must see. Plus i wish someone would watch it as i wanna debate about it haha.
    Posted 17th September 2010 at 01:05 PM by truckturner truckturner is offline
  4. Old Comment

good review of A Serbian Film, Can't say that im that bothered about seeing it though, although i do understand what you mean about films that are passed uncut that are horrific. You touched upon Jack Ketchum's Girl Next Door which i also found to be a tough watch. Looking foward to the next podcast....
    Posted 17th September 2010 at 12:36 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  5. Old Comment

Thexperiment: Frightfest Special!

This is in response to Shawn:

- Kyle always sits on my bed & i sit on my desk chair when recording. Before all the gay sex jokes are made, my bedroom is the only location possible to record for all episodes haha.

Well funny enough the invitation is open for future episodes. PM me both of you to arrange recording

- I saw The Horde at Frightfest last year and missed the Cult Labs screening sadly.
    Posted 17th September 2010 at 09:32 AM by truckturner truckturner is offline
  6. Old Comment

I agree with Pedromonkey, this was excellent, lot of good information. My only observation is please can Kyle either speak into the mic or speak up as he is not as distinct as you are Tim!

After hearing it I am really happy I saved my money and did not come to FrightFest as I would have expected uncut, uncertified (if req) horror films ONLY and that seems not to be what FrightFest is.

Shame :-(

Looking forward to the next podcast(s)!

re joining in on a podcast as PedroMonkey has asked about...well I only live down the road from you in surrey so could actually physically join you... I'm not complete newb as I have done film reviews on a "small local radio" station that a friend of mine ran a few years ago and really enjoyed it, then it got bought by a bigger radio station and it all died a death so to speak!

ps did you ever go to the screening of La Horde Almar set up in Soho back in June?
    shame I did not know about this website back then :-(
    Posted 15th September 2010 at 12:46 PM by shawnduhast shawnduhast is offline
    Updated 15th September 2010 at 12:59 PM by shawnduhast
  7. Old Comment

great podcast this time, less dicking around than with Piranha and alot of emphasis on censorship. a lot of good information and yes Eli Roth is a Douche....P.S Coffin Rock has been available since February...

would be interested in participating in one, haven't got skype but could use google talk...
    Posted 5th September 2010 at 07:47 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  8. Old Comment

Thanks Shawn. I really think this one is better than the first one. I'm so annoying to listen to, explains why i cant get a girlfriend haha.
    Posted 5th September 2010 at 02:19 PM by truckturner truckturner is offline
  9. Old Comment

If this is as good as the first one then it'll be awesome!
    Posted 5th September 2010 at 01:02 PM by shawnduhast shawnduhast is offline
  10. Old Comment

Thexperiment (My New Podcast)

Get in touch if you need some place to host it
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 11:50 PM by Stefan@Cult Labs Stefan@Cult Labs is offline
  11. Old Comment

Thank you guys so much for your amazing feedback. We plan to host more soon, thanks for the love and putting up with my waffling
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 09:13 PM by truckturner truckturner is offline
  12. Old Comment

Woo! Cheers Pedro! We were just talking and we're thinking of talking about one of the so-called most disturbing films EVER made. You'll have to listen to the next one (whenever that'll be) to see what the film is.
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 08:38 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  13. Old Comment

you guys should do this more often. choose a film and just ramble. I'd listen
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 07:36 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  14. Old Comment

I thought he said Dawn! Another fail!
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 06:25 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  15. Old Comment

Listening to it now. The Day Of The Dead remake a good film? Kyle's a comedian
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 06:13 PM by Stephen@Cult Labs Stephen@Cult Labs is offline
  16. Old Comment

Oh God, I sound like an IDIOT! I fail.
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 05:55 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  17. Old Comment

who would listen to this for two hours...i did and i enjoyed every minute of it, i love the way you both veered away from piranha and went rants, also very informative especially how Argento as has screwed up his career, look forward to the next if you do one.....
    Posted 22nd August 2010 at 05:26 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
  18. Old Comment

TruckTurner Needs Your Help To Bring Ash To The West End!

Oooh very nice! I've just signed it. The show is just brilliant - I got the soundtrack when it first came out and a bootleg of the show (it's not been released properly sadly). It looks like so much fun!
    Posted 18th August 2010 at 07:09 PM by iluvdvds@Cult Labs iluvdvds@Cult Labs is offline
  19. Old Comment

i Blog part 四

The strangest place I placed wires was at the end of the rainbow, I rigged up a trap to catch the little blighter known as the "Leprechaun", but it didn't work. The rainbow wouldn't keep still. One day I tell you....one day! Mwooo ha ha ha ha ha ha
  20. Old Comment

i blog part trois

i blog part 四

Hey guys, Robert here (not truckturner, just in his place) taking a quick break from the regular blogging, to remind you that the release of 'i' is only a few days away. But we want some people to watch it early, because as we all know, sharing is caring! But if you want to watch it early you're going to have to earn it (and have a little fun along the way)

PUSHING BUTTONS PRODUCTIONS is offering a few lucky readers at CULT LABS FORUMS the chance to see a limited advanced screening of 'i'. For a short amount of time from today to friday evening the film will be shown online at an undisclosed randomly chosen time. To win a chance to check out our film before anyone else just reply to this post with the awnser to this open ended and strange question

"Where is the strangest place you have ever placed wires?"

We encourge you to go nuts with your most creative awnser (the stranger the better, write anything you like!) and we will PM the winners with the time and url of our screening
    Posted 10th March 2010 at 07:43 PM by truckturner truckturner is offline

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.