Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Sam@Cult Labs
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Freezer (Freeze Me)

Submit "Freezer (Freeze Me)" to Share On Facebook Submit "Freezer (Freeze Me)" to Share via Twitter Submit "Freezer (Freeze Me)" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 4th May 2009 at 12:52 PM by Sam@Cult Labs

Freezer (Freeze Me)

A particularly sleazy entry in the Asian canon of extreme cinema.

A woman moves away from her small town roots to the big city to escape the memories of a vicious gang rape assault. She builds herself a new life with a good career and a loving boyfriend but the recurring nightmares of that terrible event continue to haunt her.

Years later the members of mob that attacked her come calling but this time she doesn't take things lying down. Although they each assault her a second time she takes her revenge and murders them in turn, storing them in her freezer where she takes to talking to them. As she spirals into madness the pain and anguish of the grim experiences she went through starts to destroy her...

Beautifully shot but relentlessly nasty, the lurid camera work and gratuitous nudity may bother some viewers but this is an interesting movie, the stark blue tones of the cinematography look ravishing and there's some twisted humour to be found in her conversation with the deceased rapists.

The director, Takashi Ishii is famous for his lurid movies, including the infamous Angel Guts cycle, and although this film is slightly easier to stomach then some of his other work but it's still troublesome material. There are no easy answers or cinematic band aids to make viewing it more palatable so be warned.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1531 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Boy Meets Girl     Main     Xtro »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I have to say this is one of my favorite entries into asian extreme cinema. Everything from the direction to the lighting, from the sound to the editing makes this film a really chilling experience indeed. One to watch? Definitely but you have been warned!

Great review Sam!
    Comment with Quote permalink
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.