Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Vipco's Vaults Of Horror

Submit "Vipco's Vaults Of Horror" to Share On Facebook Submit "Vipco's Vaults Of Horror" to Share via Twitter Submit "Vipco's Vaults Of Horror" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 14th April 2010 at 04:14 PM by Bringer Of Funerals
Updated 14th April 2010 at 06:01 PM by Bringer Of Funerals

Hello all and welcome to my second blog.

I had first heard of the Vipco label when I was at college. I had seen the covers in HMV and what drew my attention to them the line of Skulls at the top of the case.

Looking back the covers were quite boring and the red X with the PREVIOUSLY BANNED also got my attention.

My first Vipco I bought was NIGHTKILL and even though I was 18 I got asked for ID which I had shown.

I was at first disappointed when I eventually got round to watching it because it was an old film but then I realised they were going to be old.

I had my eye on other titles by them, such as - THE BEYOND, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, SHOGUN ASSASSIN, HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY etc.

They were cheap enough so I bought the majority of them and basked in the gory glory.

Surprisingly I still haven't seen CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST and CANNIBAL FEROX which they had also released.

But sadly as space in my dvd cuboard grew less and less I got rid of most of them which I now reqret.

So the only VIPCO dvds I own now are SHOGUN ASSASSIN, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS 2, 3, HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, THE BEYOND, ZOMBIE DEAD, THE BURNING and ZOMBIE CREEPING FLESH.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1727 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Interesting post!

I always liked the low rent scuzziness of Vipco titles in a way. It's nice to have pristine copies but somehow, ropey image quality and cheap menus feel more in keeping with the kind of films they release.

On a different note, If you want any tips on formatting your blog to make it stand out more or if you need tips on putting youtube clips, links or images, give me a shout.

Keep posting!
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 14th April 2010 at 05:09 PM by Sam@Cult Labs Sam@Cult Labs is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I think we all regret getting rid of certain films....I know I do!
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 14th April 2010 at 05:19 PM by Stephen@Cult Labs Stephen@Cult Labs is offline
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.