Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

The Puzzle Of Hellraiser

Submit "The Puzzle Of Hellraiser" to Share On Facebook Submit "The Puzzle Of Hellraiser" to Share via Twitter Submit "The Puzzle Of Hellraiser" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 2nd May 2010 at 10:36 AM by Bringer Of Funerals

The film series of Hellraiser has a lot of fans, people like the films because they are an alternative to the slasher, blood and gore to scare you horror.

Hellraiser 1 got released and was loved by horror fans because it had gore, violence, a villian that stayed in your mind and a deep storyline.

Pinhead became legendary.

Hellbound was then released and improved on what was in the 1st Hellraiser and in some cases was better than the original.

Hellraiser III was released and fans became mixed about the film, some fans loved the gore and violence but others didn't like the way Pinhead became a joke to a degree.

Two straight to DVD then got released here in the UK, Bloodline and Inferno.

Bloodline told how the box was made and there was still gore in it and a OK storyline but you could see why it went straight to DVD.

Inferno then was released, this is one of my favourite Hellraiser films. It was more of a mysterious thriller than a full on horror. Pinhead was in it for about 10 mins and it dealt with a police man solving a murder.

It could have gone to the cinema. Yet fans hated the film.

Now comes to my main reason of me writing this blog.

Why hasn't 6, 7 and 8 come out over here on DVD, people in America have them and can enjoy them. Is it the Death Proof story again - they havent done well in America so they don't see the light of day here.

I think they should get a release here in the UK, im sure fans will buy them and some will enjoy them while other may hate them.

Americans say they hate the films and are some of the worst ever, in my opinion is at least they have them to watch so they should shut it moaning and enjoy something we don't have.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1141 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Friday The 13th     Main     Rant On Lionsgate »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It would be good to see the 6th, 7th and 8th Hellraiser instalments on DVD in the UK, however dire they may be, if not only for completists sake.

They are all available from the Netherlands if you are looking for a R2 alternative to the US releases too.

As for Hellraiser in general, the UK is severely lacking a definitive special edition of the first two movies as well, in my opinion. The US have the luxury of the Starz/Anchor Bay special versions.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 5th May 2010 at 12:11 PM by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs bizarre_eye@Cult Labs is offline
  2. Old Comment
    yeh man
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 5th May 2010 at 09:06 PM by Bringer Of Funerals Bringer Of Funerals is offline
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.