Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Straight To DVD Horror

Submit "Straight To DVD Horror" to Share On Facebook Submit "Straight To DVD Horror" to Share via Twitter Submit "Straight To DVD Horror" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 28th May 2010 at 11:13 AM by Bringer Of Funerals

I know I haven't written a blog in a long time so here is another

With new horror they always seem to go straight to dvd and because of that most people won't touch them.

I am different in that regard because there are some hidden gems in the straight to dvd horror market, ok you might have to shift through the shit but some are worth watching.

Most of my horror collection are straight to dvd films, it includes Survival Of The Dead, Some Things Never Die, Dread, Midnight Meat Train and others.

There was one I bought that was a very low budget horror and reviews have been split. It was CRADLE OF FEAR, I am a CRADLE OF FILTH fan but for he budget the film was well made.

I understand there are less restrictions on what they can do when they go to dvd but that makes for very creative horror.

Obviously there is some crap like Sickle, the remake of Day Of The Dead, Evil Aliens etc, but there are also good ones like Outpost, Survival Of The Dead, Wilderness etc.

The amount of times I have picked up a horror having heard nothing about it because its straight to dvd and enjoyed it is uncountable.

Im looking forward to watching Train, Harpoon and The Stepfather along with Splinter, Inside, Babysitter Wanted, Deadwood, Run Bitch Run among others.

So all i'm saying is try straight to dvd films you may find a hidden gem
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 782 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments

Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.