Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals

Rate this Entry

Zombie Flesh Eaters And Others In Italian Horror (Part 1)

Submit "Zombie Flesh Eaters And Others In Italian Horror (Part 1)" to Share On Facebook Submit "Zombie Flesh Eaters And Others In Italian Horror (Part 1)" to Share via Twitter Submit "Zombie Flesh Eaters And Others In Italian Horror (Part 1)" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 31st May 2010 at 10:32 AM by Bringer Of Funerals

Lucio Fulci rightly deserves his status as the Godfather Of Gore.

Zombie Flesh Eaters was one of the greatest horror films in history and is still a firm fave among the hardcore horror fans, it boasted the first (and last) zombie vs shark fight and it was also the 1st Italian zombie film I had seen.

From there I was hooked on the more gritty and more violent aspects of horror,

City Of The Living Dead was good too and it is held in high regards by me (I even watch it to this day and enjoy it immensly).

The caughing up the insides made me nearly spew it was that good.

Even though House By The Cemetery is another classic i'll admit I don't think it is as good as the other 3 I've just mentioned, it was slow and didn't hold much water in my opinion.

I have still yet to see Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox and Manhattan Baby (I have Manhattan Baby on the brilliant Shameless DVD labal) but have still yet to see it.

Zombie Creeping Flesh was a good zombie film but it was too much stock footage and re used music from the Romero classic Zombie film Dawn Of The Dead.

I won't into the entire Italian horror genre in this part because you'll all get bored so i'll save some of it for part 2 (even then i'll just touch upon the classics).

So Italian horror for me is what saved me from getting bored of the horror genre because before I watched ZFE I was getting bored of the genre and it was getting stale in my eyes.

Thank you Italian horror for re sparking my interest in the genre
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 890 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments

Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.