Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Quentin Tarantino

Submit "Quentin Tarantino" to Share On Facebook Submit "Quentin Tarantino" to Share via Twitter Submit "Quentin Tarantino" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 13th July 2010 at 06:25 PM by Bringer Of Funerals

Everybody seems to love him and I am a fan of his films and have them all on DVD.

His fans rant and rave about how original he is and to a degree I agree.

BUT!! can the man do a film with his own ideas. Kill Bill had the theme of Death Rides A Horse, and numerous other asian and Western parts from other films all mixed into one film.

Death Proof has took the idea of old Grindhouse films and mish mashed them.

And there are others I can't think of at the min, I just think he should at least just once think of his own ideas and do an original film.

And I thought if I was a film maker and I did what he did I would get done for copyright.

So all I'm saying is can he just once do his own film without paying homage to other films.

I know it's just a quick blog but thank you for reading.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1086 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    i understand what your saying, but he takes these elements an instead outright stealing them, he uses them and puts his own spin it. Take the second half of Death Proof, it's vanishing point buy way of Switchblade sisters, he's taken elements from those films and homaged them, im a big tarantino fan and i love his films. i don't think you'd get done for copyright if you made the kind of films he does, not if you do them in an original way.
    Comment with Quote permalink
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.