Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals

Rate this Entry

Psychological Horror

Submit "Psychological Horror" to Share On Facebook Submit "Psychological Horror" to Share via Twitter Submit "Psychological Horror" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 3rd August 2010 at 01:41 PM by Bringer Of Funerals

I prefer these types of horror films because I believe the things you can't see is more scary and I believe it plays on your mind a lot more then the slashers of Halloween, Friday The 13th etc.

I think THE OTHERS is a really scary film in this sense and i've heard others say PARANORMAL ACTIVITY is another. So I think they are overall better horror films in general as a lot of thought has been put into them.

For me psychological horror is far more scary-after all what you imagine is always so much more scary than whats shown to you . Don't get me wrong, i like a bit of gore as much as anyone, but to me its just entertainment.

I think one reason may be that psychological horror movies require more concentration and atmosphere. Watching them alone, with the lights off helps but many people today will watch a movie on a laptop in a crowded train and that just won't work as well.

What are some of your faves and why?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 988 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments

Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.