Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

The Romero Downfall

Submit "The Romero Downfall" to Share On Facebook Submit "The Romero Downfall" to Share via Twitter Submit "The Romero Downfall" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 6th December 2010 at 05:34 PM by Bringer Of Funerals

As we all know George is well known for his zombie films. But I wonder how he feels about his other films not doing that well.

THE CRAZIES didn't do well and he even admitted it himself and it didn't make much money (until the remake probably).

MARTIN has done quite well and continues to do so now it's released on Arrow, it's one of them films that has you thinking apparently (I say apparently because i've never seen it).

TWO EVIL EYES probably did better with the involvment of Dario Argento but if he had done it himself it probably wouldn't do much.

There are other Romero films that he has made that hasn't done that well (I can't think at the minute what they are). So when he decides to do another film do you think he dreads it as he knows it won't make much.

Thats why I think he sticks to zombie films because he knows they make a lot of money, but do you think he would like to make other films instead of undead films.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1040 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Creepshow would've done okay I'd have thought. Mildly profitable on release and a host of home video releases should have kept that going. I don't think the newer Zombie films do make that much. I think he does them more for going back to his low budget independent roots. Just a shame they're not very good...
    Comment with Quote permalink
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.