Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Bringer Of Funerals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

Grain

Submit "Grain" to Share On Facebook Submit "Grain" to Share via Twitter Submit "Grain" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 8th December 2010 at 04:34 PM by Bringer Of Funerals
Updated 8th December 2010 at 05:40 PM by Bringer Of Funerals

Now I don't know about you lot but when I watch 60's - 80's horror films I like to see the grain/black flickers etc of dust on the film I am watching, it added a certain Grimy/Grindhouse feel to the film.

It adds to it like they have been sat in a vault for so long and they are happy to see the light of day.

A few examples is City Of The Living Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, and there are too many horror films to mention.

Thats why I'm 50/50 on buying a Blu Ray Player, I would like one to see how THE MATRIX looks and other epic CGI films but I don't want the old classic 60 - 80's horror films to get a good clean up and the dust removed.

Vipco's Vaults Of Horror were good at releasing films that hadn't been cleaned up THE BURNING, SHOGUN ASSASSIN springs to mind.

So I like the old films to look as if they are old.

Thank you for reading
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1177 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Dario Argento     Main     Prism Horror »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    what an interesting post, i put off buying a blu ray player for so long and finally took the plunge about 2 weeks ago and believe me it makes a difference. I have Evil Dead 2 on blu and while only slightly better in HD its not that different. Sometimes you need a clearer picture. Shogun assassin has never had a decent release in the uk so a nice clear animorphic or whatever the ratio is on the blu is, is a welcome addition. but i see your point. good blog Bringer
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 8th December 2010 at 05:35 PM by pedromonkey pedromonkey is offline
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.