Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > plasterface
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

the shock of the now?

Submit "the shock of the now?" to Share On Facebook Submit "the shock of the now?" to Share via Twitter Submit "the shock of the now?" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 15th April 2011 at 07:28 PM by plasterface

I'll be honest i am a gorehound, i am a film buff but horror is my daily vitamins and after over 15years of watching every type of horror giallio, slasher , splatter, psychological etc etc.. I am wondering wether mainstream horror is still scary or have i been jaded by feasting on horror like a big fat vulture? I ask the question as over the last six years or so a series of "terrorfying" movies have been released . Now before i start my attack of these films, i must state despite been a gorehound, you obviously dont need gore to make a good horror film , texas chainsaw, haloween and psycho contain little of the red stuff and the original haunting still puts the shits up me. I think the first film that won rave reviews that suprised me was wolf creek a slow train to nowhere of a film. i personally found mick dundee more scary than this films jolly swagman mind you this is a masterpiece compared to paranormal activity a boring badly acted film where nothing happens . the norwegian slasher cold prey was described by aint it cool news as a perfect slasher but contained no gore or tension or originality. There is still gore to be had at cinemas the usual batch of remakes and sequels but very little in the way of true scares. prehaps the films above are truly frightening films and i have become desensitised. rant over, sorry about spelling and punctuation.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2441 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    tried to like button this but wouldnt let me.

i think im quite lucky, i have been seeking out and watching some of the most horrible and vile films that exist ( not real just fiction) and even though i am slightly desensitised i still get good scares from films and films can still easily affect me after i have watched them!
    Comment with Quote permalink
  2. Old Comment

shock

its rare that a film will scare me, i think shock and disgust too very seperate things. I am just fascinated why those films would scare anyone , if i was a casual viewer maybe they would but to be honest i doubt it . A lot of people wont watch anything more than a few years old and wont venture into subtitled films , remakes these days just seem to be fast food pulped of all originality, ready to be consumed then forgotten.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 18th April 2011 at 09:44 PM by plasterface plasterface is offline
Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.