Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > Demoncrat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

weekend of wonders

Submit "weekend of wonders" to Share On Facebook Submit "weekend of wonders" to Share via Twitter Submit "weekend of wonders" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 16th May 2011 at 09:51 AM by Demoncrat

well. this is where the fun begins folks, as i admit that i finally saw Bloody Moon at the weekend, the European Shock 1, which would have been the first uncut dvd release??? can see why me mate went on&on&on about it aw these years, totally batshit in places, it it now my favourite Franco film!!

(pauses to duck out of way of angered comments, broken glass, turds etc.......)

also if anyone watches the rather funny Burnistoun, did anyone spot/get the rather cheeky wee Lovecraft reference in the last episode??? these things warm my heart.

also loved end of The Walking Dead (ive read quite a few of the books etc) so much that i watched the House on Haunted Hill remake, and liked it!! far better than that shitey 13 Ghosts (though not a patch on the original, i hasten to add as a man can only have so much shit thrown at him in one blog!!)

also received new update fae Cold Spring, always love their descriptions but this one takes the whole bakery IMO....

SKULLFLOWER "****ED ON A PILE OF CORPSES"
The most remorseless, brutal SF album ever!
Alternating between granular lo-fi primitive rock & granular(??) lofi primitive Power Electronics, this taut disc is a chain mail glove of hate to any lazy minds who've tainted the air describing SF as "psychedelic". But that's not to say this is an all out total assault. there are also moments of tender acoustic balladry, its just that they dont exist. The remorseless brutal sound is primitive, but as detailed & rich as a blood soaked medieval canvas, somewhere betwix (love this bit- TH) The Rita & Clandestine Blaze, but more brutal!! (imagine a drill going into your eye, the taping the noise inside your mind before you pass out - TH)

Long live the new flesh!!"

NOW thats my album of the year, before ive heard it ahahaha harumph. im quite enjoying this blogging, must do it more often!!

more when i have it....
TheHamish.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1906 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Skullflower played Manchester last month but sadly I missed the gig for some reason that escapes me now.
    Comment with Quote permalink
    Posted 17th May 2011 at 07:55 AM by Make Them Die Slowly Make Them Die Slowly is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Shame. isnt it just the best though?? as they have have a nice burroughs tshirt as well at mo, will probably order both, the sound sample on the site was...fizzy to say the least
    Comment with Quote permalink
Post a Comment Post a Comment

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.