Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Blogs > wayfarer
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Rate this Entry

The Dead Walk

Submit "The Dead Walk" to Share On Facebook Submit "The Dead Walk" to Share via Twitter Submit "The Dead Walk" to Share With StumbleUpon
Posted 9th November 2011 at 10:08 AM by wayfarer

With all the talk of ZFE and it's awesome Blu-Ray release by Blue Underground, it took me to thinking about the first time that I saw it. Whilst I thought about it, I realised that I'd seen the Fulci Quadrilogy of Terror later than I might have previously led people to believe.

My family got our first VHS player in what i thought was Autumn 1982 but it could have been 1983. Anyway, what I do accurately remember is not being interested in the zombie genre until I saw Michael Jackson's Thriller video. It made me seek out Dawn of the Dead. (I wasn't initially interested in Night. After all, it was in B&W ). After being blown away by that I began to watch the Fulci films and recall seeing ZFE in Jan 1984. I was also listening to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. The combination of the two led to some freaky dreams.
Watching ZFE all these years later has a certain nostalgia value but I do enjoy it for what it is; a hugely enjoyable and atmospheric horror story.
The main problem with the Blu was really noticing the tube on the cop's neck, at the beginning, pumping out the red stuff, and the mist noticeably being pumped out into one of the Matul streets.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2264 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments

Post a Comment Post a Comment
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.