Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   What Books Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/10253-what-books-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th January 2020 01:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Three paperbacks from Sainsburys. £3.99 each.

I think that's the fourth copy of Dracula i've bought. Different in that it has forewards and afterwards from Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, and it's probably the only Dracula book that mentions Doctor Who.

Nostalgic 25th January 2020 03:20 PM

The Big Sleep & other novels (Raymond Chandler, Penguin edition)

Dug out Algernon Blackwood collections from loft as been listening to audio books of him & I love that kind of weird fiction.

Finally, reading Reasons to Stay Alive. My anxiety & depression have gone into overdrive since xmas & I've never read any books on depression but this is a good one. Helping a little, which is all I can ask.

Demoncrat 7th February 2020 05:01 PM

A Deapool tome called Dead Presidents. Should be funny at least. £2.

trebor8273 8th February 2020 11:00 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Charity shop finds

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th February 2020 11:04 PM

Are those novels or graphic novels, Treb?

Both were really popular at one time. There used to be loads of Alien novels published.

trebor8273 8th February 2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 620203)
Are those novels or graphic novels, Treb?

Both were really popular at one time. There used to be loads of Alien novels published.

Graphic novels, been reading this first volume and it's excellent these stories should of been the sequels after aliens , it's obvious it's supposed to be set after aliens but for some reason hicks and newt have different names but it's obviously supposed to be them

Edit

Just found out why, the characters were Newt and Hicks originally but when alien 3 came out they got renamed in any further reprints

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th February 2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 620204)
Graphic novels, been reading this first volume and it's excellent these stories should of been the sequels after aliens , it's obvious it's supposed to be set after aliens but for some reason hicks and newt have different names but it's obviously supposed to be them

Edit

Just found out why, the characters were Newt and Hicks originally but when alien 3 came out they got renamed in any further reprints

Yeah i can understand that for continuity purposes.

nosferatu42 12th February 2020 06:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some James Herbert charity shop finds.

Attachment 222545 Attachment 222546

Attachment 222547

MrBarlow 13th February 2020 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 222565

J Harker 14th February 2020 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two cheap used books from Shamazon marketplace. Both in perfect nick thoughAttachment 222571

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk