Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree5700Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2015, 03:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Is there a "What books have you bought recently?" thread? Got these three out of two of my local charity shops. £2 for the Mary Whitehouse HARDback (she'll be spinning in her grave for that wiseCRACK! God rest her soul), £1 for Serpico (which is actually 60p more expensive than its circa 1974 rrp printed on the back) , and 50p for Brighton Rock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430926207.643106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430926220.763339.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430926237.327206.jpg
Old 6th May 2015, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Is there a "What books have you bought recently?" thread? Got these three out of two of my local charity shops. £2 for the Mary Whitehouse HARDback (she'll be spinning in her grave for that wiseCRACK! God rest her soul), £1 for Serpico (which is actually 60p more expensive than its circa 1974 rrp printed on the back) , and 50p for Brighton Rock.
Nice! that is some awesome quality for the price you paid mate. I never thought to see if anyone had written a book about Whitehouse, I'm betting that will be a great read.
Old 6th May 2015, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Nice! that is some awesome quality for the price you paid mate. I never thought to see if anyone had written a book about Whitehouse, I'm betting that will be a great read.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to giggling my hind end off at some old school swear words! I quickly read one long letter of complaint she wrote about someone flicking the "V" at the TV camera. It's gold!
Old 6th May 2015, 04:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Excellent! Thanks! I couldn't find it in a search. I'll post there in future.
Old 7th May 2015, 05:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pre-ordered...

Monster Mash: The Creepy, Kooky Monster Craze In America 1957-1972

" Time-trip back to the frightening era of 1957-1972, when monsters stomped into the American mainstream! Once Frankenstein and fiends infiltrated TV in 1957, an avalanche of monster magazines, toys, games, trading cards, and comic books crashed upon an unsuspecting public. This profusely illustrated, full-color hardcover covers that creepy, kooky Monster Craze through features on Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine, the #1 hit "Monster Mash," Aurora's model kits, TV shows (Shock Theatre, The Addams Family, The Munsters, and Dark Shadows), Mars Attacks trading cards, Eerie Publications, Planet of the Apes, and more! It features interviews with James Warren (Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella magazines), Forrest J Ackerman (Famous Monsters of Filmland), John Astin (The Addams Family), Al Lewis (The Munsters), Jonathan Frid (Dark Shadows), George Barris (monster car customizer), Ed "Big Daddy" Roth (Rat Fink), Bobby (Boris) Pickett ("Monster Mash" singer/songwriter) and others, with a Foreword by TV horror host Zacherley, the "Cool Ghoul."
Old 7th May 2015, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Pre-ordered...

Monster Mash: The Creepy, Kooky Monster Craze In America 1957-1972

" Time-trip back to the frightening era of 1957-1972, when monsters stomped into the American mainstream! Once Frankenstein and fiends infiltrated TV in 1957, an avalanche of monster magazines, toys, games, trading cards, and comic books crashed upon an unsuspecting public. This profusely illustrated, full-color hardcover covers that creepy, kooky Monster Craze through features on Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine, the #1 hit "Monster Mash," Aurora's model kits, TV shows (Shock Theatre, The Addams Family, The Munsters, and Dark Shadows), Mars Attacks trading cards, Eerie Publications, Planet of the Apes, and more! It features interviews with James Warren (Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella magazines), Forrest J Ackerman (Famous Monsters of Filmland), John Astin (The Addams Family), Al Lewis (The Munsters), Jonathan Frid (Dark Shadows), George Barris (monster car customizer), Ed "Big Daddy" Roth (Rat Fink), Bobby (Boris) Pickett ("Monster Mash" singer/songwriter) and others, with a Foreword by TV horror host Zacherley, the "Cool Ghoul."
Nice one just pre ordered.
Dave Boy likes this.

Old 7th May 2015, 07:27 PM
Cult Addict

Just ordered this
Demoncrat likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 9th May 2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: U CmQ u9 cd fcc
Old 9th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pre-ordered..

Star Wars—the original trading card series from Topps first published in 1977 and 1978—is reprinted here in its entirety for the first time, featuring all five sets of collectible cards and stickers. This deluxe compilation includes the fronts and backs of all 330 cards and 55 stickers (originally sold one per pack), including movie facts, story summaries, actor profiles, and puzzle cards featuring all your favorite characters and scenes from the very first Star Wars movie. Also features four bonus trading cards, as well as an introduction and commentary by Gary Gerani, the original editor of the Star Wars Topps series.
Old 9th May 2015, 07:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Is that this series Dave?

I still have a few of them somewhere.

Old 9th May 2015, 09:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Those are the ones Dem.

I have all the cards for red and the blue sets. I collected and swapped them at school.
There were yellow, orange and green series as well but I never remember them being sold in the UK.

Like this? Share it using the links below!