Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree5700Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2012, 08:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Books Have You Bought Recently?

Apologies if this is a duplicate but I couldn't see it, nor find it when searching. I know there is a what are you currently reading thread but I'm pretty sure other people are like me and buy a lot more books than they get a chance to read!

I will take better photos of what I received for Christmas at some point, plus I will hopefully have new books in the post any day too.

So what have you bought or been given recently?
Old 31st December 2012, 08:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

images.jpg

Im only half way through book one but i was given a book voucher so i got book two to motivate me to finish the first one.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 31st December 2012, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Greetings!
Old 31st December 2012, 11:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

Greetings!
I've been meaning to pick up The Little Book of Big Penis for a while but it slipped my mind, seeing the other variety has peaked my interest. again I think I'm going to add that Terry Richardson book to my wishlist although I think I'll have to wait until it's cheaper and I have money - I went on a bit of a spree today
Old 31st December 2012, 11:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 95145

Im only half way through book one but i was given a book voucher so i got book two to motivate me to finish the first one.
I have never read any of his books but they were always heavily borrowed from the library, what are they like? Who would you compare to? I'm wondering whether my James would be interested.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I have never read any of his books but they were always heavily borrowed from the library, what are they like? Who would you compare to? I'm wondering whether my James would be interested.
The first 400 pages of the first book are really good. I know alot of fantasy borrows from Lord of the Rings but this starts almost the same. A group of young people that have never left their small farm village have to leave to find a relic that will bring back fallen heros to save the world.

There are 14 books in the series so im sure the similarities will fade out eventually.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 1st January 2013, 01:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I've been meaning to pick up The Little Book of Big Penis for a while but it slipped my mind, seeing the other variety has peaked my interest. again I think I'm going to add that Terry Richardson book to my wishlist although I think I'll have to wait until it's cheaper and I have money - I went on a bit of a spree today
I'm a sucker for Terry Richardson! I almost can't wait till I receive Terrywood. I've got the following books:

Kibosh is his best book (if you love his pretty "naughty" and direct style), but it ain't no bargain. :/

Greetings!

PS: He has got a great photo blog - http://www.terrysdiary.com
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 1st January 2013, 01:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I'm a sucker for Terry Richardson! I almost can't wait till I receive Terrywood. I've got the following books:

Kibosh is his best book (if you love his pretty "naughty" and direct style), but it ain't no bargain. :/

Greetings!

PS: He has got a great photo blog - Terry Richardson's Diary
I've always liked Terry Richardson's work, I just have a problem spending so much on books. This may seem daft but I suppose I'm the same with everything, I like bargains, I like to buy lot's of stuff. I need to keep an eye out for cheaper second hand copies, I need to make more of an effort. I haven't really bought an "art" book since the Charlie White photographs book a decade ago.
Old 4th January 2013, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A couple of coffee table books;

Already have the Taschen Film Noir book and have had my eye on the Horror one for a while.
VicDakin, bdc and Rik like this.
Old 9th January 2013, 01:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Another new book that I'm very excited about.

Part of the book description:

House of Psychotic Women is an autobiographical exploration of female neurosis in horror and exploitation films. Anecdotes and memories interweave with film history, criticism, trivia and confrontational imagery to create a reflective personal history and examination of female madness, both onscreen and off.

Like this? Share it using the links below!