Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/12960-2000-ad-judge-dredd-megazine.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd November 2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 556506)
Looking at the date on the cover it says 18 OCT-13 DEC.
So should be on the shelves for quite a few weeks yet. :skull:

Cheers Dave Boy. :thankingyou:

Dave Boy 23rd June 2018 10:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thrill power overload this week as three mags have hit the shelves..

Attachment 205969 Attachment 205970 Attachment 205971

The Sci Fi Special has is all new complete stories for those who don't get the mag regular.

troggi 10th July 2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 579609)
Thrill power overload this week as three mags have hit the shelves..

Attachment 205969 Attachment 205970 Attachment 205971

The Sci Fi Special has is all new complete stories for those who don't get the mag regular.

What a week that was, the missus nearly flipped when she looked at the prices (the usual "you spent how much on comics..." etcetera). It's a different matter when it comes to the Lottery tickets and scratchcards!

troggi 10th July 2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 581707)
What a week that was, the missus nearly flipped when she looked at the prices (the usual "you spent how much on comics..." etcetera). It's a different matter when it comes to the Lottery tickets and scratchcards!

Good job she hasn't found my secret monthly, six-weekly, and twice monthly purchases out, she'd blow a gasket:broomstick:

Dave Boy 10th July 2018 03:49 PM

Yeah, expensive week that was.

Loved the mag with the Megazine LOFTY'S ONE MAN LUFTWAFFE from Battle Weekly. Hope they reprint more from Battle.

troggi 10th July 2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 581711)
Yeah, expensive week that was.

Loved the mag with the Megazine LOFTY'S ONE MAN LUFTWAFFE from Battle Weekly. Hope they reprint more from Battle.

I've got that waiting for my mate to pop round, he'll wet himself!

Dave Boy 18th July 2018 12:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Double thrill power week..

Attachment 206857 Attachment 206858

This months mag with the Megazine is 'The Streets of Dan Francisco'

Mega-City One, 2135 AD. Judge Dan Francisco was a vid-star, presenting his show The Streets of Dan Francisco to viewers across the metropolis as he tackled crime live on air. Becoming Chief Judge, his tenure was cut short by the events of Chaos Day, and he resigned. Now, he returns to the streets, haunted by guilt, and determined to bring stability to a broken city...

troggi 25th July 2018 11:27 PM

Tharg's been "in talks" with media types and agreements have been made, deals have been dealt and contracts have been signed:

https://2000ad.com/post/3809

Are we getting excited yet? Nervous? Resigned to the fact that it may end up looking like a pile of horse crap with Sly Stallone looking on and saying "and you thought I ruined Dredd"?

Dave Boy 26th July 2018 09:46 AM

Looking forward to this big time.
Karl Urban is interested so if they can get him on board (£$) that would be awesome. Love to see Olivia Thirlby back as Anderson.

troggi 26th July 2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 583299)
Looking forward to this big time.
Karl Urban is interested so if they can get him on board (£$) that would be awesome. Love to see Olivia Thirlby back as Anderson.

There seems to be a little bit of negative feeling towards the Dredd "movie-verse", I can't see why, I thought it was a great film and it was followed up very competently in the "Megazine". Whoever they get to be "The Chin", if Karl Urban can't do it (we all know that he will if fees and committments allow) will have a hard act to follow.