LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2016, 05:41 PM
Cult Rookie

#2. perfect!
troggi likes this.
Old 23rd June 2016, 05:17 AM
Cult Master

Babysitter stories

1. "I was babysitting a kid and we were watching TV in his basement. All of a sudden, he shuts the TV off and whips his head to stare at the wall behind him. He stared for a solid 3 minutes and said, "not now." and continued watching TV. A few minutes later he looked at the wall again and said, "I'll see you later ok?!" I was so freaked out."

2. "Two years ago, I was looking through my school yearbook with my 5 year old cousin. When we came to the page with my Year 2 class on it, she pointed to a boy's photo and said, "That looks just like Nicolas!" When I asked who Nicolas was she just said, "The boy in my closet" and continued to look through the pictures. I almost died."

3. "My little nephew used to talk about a woman who would visit his room at night. He said she wore a red dress, that her name was Frannie and that she would sing to him... And that she floats."

4. "A few years ago, I was putting my friend's daughter to bed for the night. She was about 3 at the time, and she was at that stage where she'd regularly fight going to sleep. She asked me why she had to go to bed, and I said, "Because it is late and it's time for little girls to get a good nights rest." She then pointed at nothing across the room and said, "What about that little girl?""

5. "Little kids know some weird stuff. My niece is 4 and talks about her "older sister" constantly. She is always talking to her too. She is an only child and has no idea her mother had a miscarriage a few years ago."

6. "I was heading to the bathroom on the second floor of my aunties house when I saw my cousin, April, on the stairs. She was 4 at the time so very hyperactive. She was busy making funny faces while sitting on the stairs. I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I'm copying the lady with the braid." I looked around, there was no one else but us. I asked her, "Where is the lady, April?" She pointed to a beam running parallel to the stairs. I asked April, "What is the lady doing?" She said, "Making funny faces." Thinking nothing of it, I started walking up the stairs again when April said something that stopped me in my tracks. "Her braid is around her neck." I turned around and asked April to repeat herself. April pointed upwards, "The lady is hanging by her braid... She's making funny faces." Then April started making a face which I then realised was someone gasping for air."

7. "I lost my boyfriend to a stray bullet a few months back and when I went to visit his little cousin a few days after it happened, he came up to me while I was crying. He asked me why I was crying and so I told him that I missed my boyfriend. He had this confused look on his face and then said, "Why? He's sitting on the doorstep."

8. "I once babysat a girl called Sarah who used to love when I went round. Her Mum used to tell me how she always requested me over the others. One evening, Sarah took things a step further by saying, "When you die I want to put you in a glass jar so I can keep you and see you forever."

9. "I was watching my neighbour's 3 year old daughter, and she looked up at me and asked, "When's the baby going to come out of your tummy?" Two days later I found out I was pregnant."

10. I was watching my nephew and I asked him what he was colouring. "A skeleton making machine" was his response. A quick glance over his shoulder revealed that he was not colouring a skeleton-maker, he was in fact designing a flesh removal machine, complete with rivets for channeling blood."

11. "One night I was babysitting my friend's children. The youngest, aged 5, drew a picture of a woman hanging from the ceiling, looked up at me and said, "She told me to draw this. She's coming for you. Hide.""

12. "I was cuddling my friend's 3 year old son and he said, very seriously, "I promise I won’t ever chew on your bones. I promise."

13. "A few years ago I was babysitting a friend's daughter. They lived in an apartment with a big patio window. She walked up to the glass door leading out to the patio and stared, motionless, into the night for several minutes. Shortly after, she ran into my arms saying, "Scary. Too scary." She wouldn't let me put her down and demanded that I hold her and rock her for the next half an hour. Eventually she started repeating over and over, "The dark coming inside now. The dark coming inside now."

14. While babysitting a 6y/o boy, he took his puppy, held it up, and started saying, "Crucify it! Crucify it! Crucify it!"

15."A toddler I was watching woke up in the middle of the night screaming about something under his bed. I checked and told him, "Go back to sleep, there's nothing under there." His reply? "He's behind you now.""

16. I was babysitting over night. Both kids sleep walk and talk in their sleep. The oldest was crying in his sleep, got up, and locked himself in the bathroom. It took a while to get him out. I ended up sleeping on the couch. In the middle of the night I woke up feeling like someone was watching me. He was standing next to the couch. I said, "what are you doing?" His response? "The man watches you when you sleep." And then he walked back to bed. I didn't go back to sleep.
gag, troggi and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th July 2016, 08:44 AM
Cult Master

1 - I was tucking in my two year old. He said “Good bye dad.” I said, “No, we say good night.” He said “I know. But this time its good bye.” Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still there.

2 - While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door. She kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, “the man.” To which I replied, “what man?” She then pointed at the closet and said, “the man with the snake neck.” I turn around and nothing was there. I’m afraid to look into the history of my house to see if anyone hung themselves in the closet

3 - The child was cuddling with his grandmother, and being very sweet (he was about 3 at the time). He takes her face in his hands, and brings his face close to hers, then tells her that she’s very old, and will die soon. Then he makes a point of looking at the clock

4 - My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, “Daddy its a monster..we should bury it.”

5 - "Why are you crying?"
“Bad man”
"What bad man?"
“There.” Points behind me at a dark corner of the room
Lamp on bookshelf next to said darkened corner falls off as soon as I turn to look.
She slept in our bed that night

6 - “Daddy, remember that time we died?”

7 - My niece said something like this to my mom once. When she was about 3 she said “Remember when I used to be your grandmom?”

8 - 3 year old daughter holding her baby brother for the first time. “So I shouldn’t throw him in the fire?”

9 - My five year old son asked me last week “what do you see through the black circles in my eyes when you’re controlling me when I’m at school?”

10 - I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughters face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, “I want to peel all your skin off”.

11 - I work in a preschool. Creepy things get said and done all the time. The one that sticks out to me happened last year. There is a small kitchenette area in our classroom that the kids use during free time for playing house or whatever pretend games they think up. There was one little girl that I was keeping a close eye on, mostly because of how withdrawn from the other kids she was. I noticed she was playing with a babydoll in the kitchenette, rocking it back and forth and singing to it. She then took the baby, shoved it into the play oven and slammed the door shut. She turned around, looked straight at me, and said, “Sometimes bad babies go in timeout” in the creepiest little girl voice I’ve ever heard before smiling and running off

12 - In high school I used to work at the local supermarket at the checkout. This scraggly looking couple came through with a maybe 10-12 year old equally scraggly son, they were unloading their groceries and arguing with each other in that uncomfortable presence kinda way. So instead of interrupting them awkwardly I smiled and asked the boy how he was. He looked me dead in the eye and said ‘I could kill them and no one would suspect me.’

13 - My 3-year old told me she plays hide and seek with the “laughing boy” in her closet. I asked what he looks like and she said, “He doesn’t have a face.”

14 - My 4yo says to us at dinner “My other dad is visiting tonight”. I say ” oh yeah, when?” “Oh you can’t see him. Only I can. And he comes at 13 o’clock.”

15 - My barely 3 year old son – ‘I love you Mummy, I’m glad I picked you’
Me – ‘that’s a funny thing to say what do you mean?’
Son – ‘Before I was a baby I sat in a circle with the other children and looked down at the world and I picked you and Dad to be my Mummy and Daddy’
gag, troggi and nosferatu42 like this.

Old 28th August 2016, 05:47 AM
Cult Master

1. “It sat on my shelf with thoughtless porcelain eyes and the prettiest pink doll dress I could find. Why did she have to be born still?”

2. “They delivered the mannequins in bubble wrap. From the main room, I began to hear popping.”

3. “I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window…until I heard it come from the mirror again.”

4. “I kiss my husband and son goodnight before I go to sleep. When I wake up, I’m in a padded room and the nurses tell me it was just a dream.”

5. “My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.”

6. “She wondered why she was casting two shadows. After all, there was only a single lightbulb.”

7. “Finding a dead body buried in my garden was terrifying. Realizing it was mine was even worse.”

8. “My brother called again last night, begging me to come get him. It’s the same thing he used to do when he was alive.”

9. “‘Can you keep a secret?’ I told my friend in tears. ‘I killed my mum last night.’ ‘I know,’ my friend said. ‘I watched.'”

10. “I looked out my window and could see someone staring at me. When I went out, I could see him standing in my window watching me, and I just stood there and stared back.”

11. “Halloween is my favorite day of the year. It’s the only day that I can walk down the street covered in blood carrying a sack of severed body parts without being judged.”
gag, troggi and iank like this.

Old 2nd November 2016, 07:52 AM
Cult Master

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs and Rik like this.

Old 12th December 2016, 06:46 AM
Cult Master

These ones are a bit longer than the normal ones that are posted here

Here Are 34 Truly Terrifying Stories That’ll Keep You Captivated (And Scared) For Hours On End | Thought Catalog
troggi likes this.

Old 5th April 2017, 11:03 AM
Cult Master

Laughing In The Basement
"'I think I just heard someone laughing in your basement.'
'This house doesn't have a basement.'"

Mr. Rabbit Came Back
"They found the child sitting calmly atop the fence post, dried blood on her coveralls, smoke blowing up behind her. 'Mr. Rabbit came back,' she said, 'and he took them all away.'"

They Sang To The Boy
"They sang loudly to the little boy, so he wouldn't hear his mother's screams. "Jesus Loves You," they sang."

On The Space Station
"The entire space station was dead silent. I looked outside and two yellow eyes peered back at me."

Making Cookies With The Kids
"I got home and my wife told me she had just finished making cookies with the kids. But the kids were nowhere to be found."

She Said "I Do"
"'I do,' she said, and kissed her new husband's cold, waxy lips. She told him he'd be hers, one day."

Blood Soaked The Bed
"Your partner has stomped off to the bedroom after an argument; you can hear her shuffling around, then tossing and turning in bed, still as angry as you are; not wanting to say anything rash, you take a book out to the porch and read while you cool down.

After a good long while, you walk back in, down the stairs, down the hallway, get naked, get in bed... it's only after you've placed your arms around her too still form that you notice the thickening, cold blood soaking the bed."

It Wasn't A Painting
"She sat in the psychiatrist's waiting room staring at a painting on the wall of a disturbing woman who seemed to be frozen in a maniacal laugh. Then she realized it wasn't a painting, it was a mirror."

The Woman In The Bloody Hospital Gown
"He was driving down an unlit road when a pale woman in a bloody hospital gown crossed in front of him. He blinked a few times thinking it was exhaustion-fueled delirium until he looked in the rear-view mirror and saw her sitting behind him."

Her Own Skin
"'This dress is exquisite,' she exclaimed, running her hands over the material, 'It feels like I'm wearing nothing but my own skin!' She was closer to the truth than she would ever know."

The Breathing Was From Above
"A voice grabs my attention from across my empty room. Too late, I realize the breathing was coming from above."

I Felt His Hand
"Alone in my room late at night, just having woken from a dreamless sleep to a strange feeling of dread, I reached for the bed lamp's light switch. That's when I first felt the touch of his hand on mine."

He's Back, Daddy
"Wading through a mixture of dreams and reality, he finally broke through to consciousness to see the silhouette of his six-year-old girl in the doorway of his bedroom.
'Daddy, he's back... and he's very cross,' she whispered."

A Better Place
"What is 'outside?' I'm hungry, but Mommy tells me that, when I die, Satan will take me away to a better place."

The House Replied
"'Screw you, haunted house, there's no such thing as ghosts or demons or any other supernatural crap!' he shouted into the empty dilapidated house.
'You're right,' came the reply."

Aliens Contacted Us First
"Aliens first contacted the human race. The only transmission received was, 'help.'"

She Won't Stop Crying
"My daughter keeps crying and screaming at night. I keep visiting her grave and asking her to stop, but she won't listen."

Ignore It
"Ignore that tickling on your ankle. It's probably not a spider."

"Coffee?"
"'Care for some milk in your coffee?' As he closed the fridge she caught a glimpse of what looked like a face."

Shhhh
"Stu woke up in a coffin, buried alive. As he started to panic, he heard a voice say, 'Shhhhhh…'"

Parents' Weekend
"It was late one night when the boy thought to himself how annoying it was repeatedly seeing the reflection of his mother on the computer screen. He then remembered his parents were visiting his aunt for the weekend."

She Drove Away
"His heart pounded as he pushed his legs to run faster, and his lungs burned as he shouted, but with a terrible sinking feeling, he knew he would not make it in time. The unfamiliar car into which his five-year-old daughter had just climbed sped off into the distance."

See You Later
"'I'll see you later, love,' he called from the door as he left for work. The smile faded from her face when she felt someone's breath hot against her neck in the empty house."
troggi likes this.

Old 6th April 2017, 07:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't know if there's a more appropriate place to post this but everyone should watch this great little short horror film. It's only 7 mins long and is fantastic!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

"Horsehair"

http://youtu.be/ZZiNqcYItS4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troggi likes this.
Old 2nd May 2017, 04:39 PM
Cult Master

The chilling last words of people just before they died

1. “I work in a cardiac ICU. We had a patient who had a pulmonary artery rupture (a rare, but known complication of a Swan-Ganz catheter).

One minute he was joking around with us and the next bright red blood was spewing out of his mouth. His last words before he died were ‘why is this happening to me?’

It still haunts me years later.”

2. “I’m a nurse and was previously working at an assisted living community on the dementia/Alzheimer’s unit.

My very favorite patient had been declining pretty steadily so I was checking on him very frequently. We would have long chats and joke around with each other, but in the last two weeks of his life, he stopped talking completely and didn’t really acknowledge conversation directed at him at all.

I finished my medication rounds for the evening and went to see him before I left. I told him I was leaving for the night and that I’d see him the following day, and he looked me in the eyes and smiled SO genuinely and said, ‘You look like an angel.’ I thought it was so sweet because he had not seemed lucid in weeks.

He died the next morning. It really messed with me.”

3. “‘But I don’t know how to get there…’ Grandpa in hospice. Hadn’t spoken in days. Died about two hours later.”

4. “‘Get home safe, little one.’ It wasn’t what he said – he said the same thing to me any time I had him as a patient for the evening. It was how he said it. He gave me this look and pause like he knew. The DNR’s in my experience, always know when it’s time. It’s creepy.”

5. “Cardiac ICU: Had a gentleman who was DNR on comfort care. He was demented and was cursing like a sailor. He seemed to have moments of clarity and would ask to see his brothers (who were both passed).

After a particularly worrisome heart rhythm, he went back into a Sinus tachycardia and look me in my eyes and said

‘Hey, what’s your name?’
‘Kabc’
‘What do you do here?’
‘I’m a nurse.’ After this, he was quiet for some time… then he said…
‘F*ck you.’

And then he died about 20 minutes later.”

6. mariamus

“My mom was watching over my great-grandfather in the hospital. He’d been unresponsive for a day or so, when suddenly he said: ‘It’s about damn time you got here! I’ve been waiting!’ And then he died.”

7. “DNR patient was on comfort cares. Was on a high dose of morphine and hallucinating. She would alternate between grasping for things not there and trying to climb out of bed. She was too unsteady to walk so my job was to sit in the room and make sure she was safe. She tried to get up and I went to ask her what she needed. She grabbed my arm and pulled me down towards her face and said, very angrily, ‘kill me’. That one f*cked with me for awhile.”

8. “Not a nurse, not a doctor, but I’m an apprentice funeral director. We went to a nursing home on a removal and as we were walking down the hall one of the patients got antsy and opened the door to his room and saw us walking with the stretcher.

‘I’ll see you next week boys.’

And guess who we had to pick up the next week.”

9. “Ugh. I was a hospice nurse for many years. Super gratifying job for a nurse, surprisingly. As a ‘regular’ nurse, you are rarely offered thanks. Hospice nursing is an island unto itself. Mostly peaceful, lots of times sad, often a blessing.

This is sad, but also creepy, and I wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it. Had a 20 year old kid, gang member, who was dying of primary liver cancer. Super unusual, aggressive, and terminal. He was angry at the universe. His family was there to comfort him, but he literally spit in their faces. Every ounce of energy he had left was angry and mean and ugly. His mom would beg him to lighten up and accept Jesus into his heart. He would swing at her and tell her to eff herself. The family remained beside, in hopes he would chillout at the end.

His last day, hours, moments, he was angry. The family called me into the room, and told me they thought he was going (he wasn’t responding, Cheyne-Stokes breaths, eyes glossy and skin cold–the end was imminent.) His lovely mother, in her dearest attempt, whispered to him to go towards the light, to her Jesus. With his dying breath he opened his eyes, looked at her and said ‘Eff your Jesus!!!’.

A second or two later, he slowly turned his head to the to the left, and got the most horrific look on his face as if he was looking at something we couldn’t see, and horrified, like in a bad movie, his face contorted, and he screamed with his last breath, eyes wide, ‘Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, OH NOOOOOOO!!!!’, then made a guttural noise and promptly fell back into the bed and died. Every family member was shaking and too frightened to speak, and I left the room and took two days off. I don’t care if I never find out what he saw.”

10. “17 y/o female during a car crash: ‘Please, please, please…don’t tell my parents I was drinking.'”

11. “A nice old lady who told my CNA she wanted to wear all white. When asked why, she said ‘the man in black is here.’ She looked in the corner of the room. The CNA looked, but there was no one there.

That’s when I came into the room. We asked her to describe what she was seeing and she said ‘he’s in all black, and he’s got a top hat on.’

Then she whispered ‘and his eyes are red’ while her eyes moved across the room to directly behind the CNA, like she was watching him move closer to us. She died later that night. But it was unexpected. That room creeped me out for a long time after that.”

12. “‘I need to tell someone where to dig to find her.'”

13. “Working in the ICU and a elderly guy came in with sepsis. As we were working on him, he looks up and says ‘Yeah, that’s it!’ and promptly codes, we did not get him back.”

14. “I was a home health aide for awhile and I took care of a woman in her late 80s-90s. While she didn’t die and as far as I know is still alive she was ‘dying.’

She would be lying in bed and just start yelling shit like ‘Take me now, Jesus. I am ready!’ ‘I see him, Jesus is coming for me!’ I would always rush in there and when she would see me, would tell me she was ready to die but knew our deal and she’d wait. Our deal was that if she wanted to die, could she please waiting until my shift was over?

She would also hallucinate constantly and was always confused. She would tell me her husband (dead for years) was coming over with some Navy buddies and she’d set me up ‘because a girl my age really ought to be married by now.’

She also had breast implants and liked to show them off and force you to touch them.”

15. “‘The devil has been in my room all night, but don’t worry, God is with you.’ This man had like the worst death ever too. He had a horrendous seizure and died with his eyes wide open and had a horrible grimace on his face. He had also been yelling all night about the ‘devil’ and saying over and over, ‘Get out of here! This building’s gonna blow!'”

16. “Right after a code in a hospital… ‘Thank you for saving me’. Then he died an hour later.”

17. “‘Get off me you bastard, you’re trying to kill me.’ A 60-odd year old woman in a lot of pain from a rupturing abdominal aortic aneurysm. She was too sick to survive major surgery, I was trying to ease the pain of her passing with morphine.”

18. “Nurse here – had a patient come into the ER with shortness of breath. He started deteriorating in the ER, and then quite rapidly on the transport up the ICU.

We got him wheeled into his room, replaced the ER lines and tubes with our own, and transferred him from the transport stretcher to his ICU bed.

He actually did most of the transfer himself. He didn’t say anything, but just before he died he pleasantly adjusted his own pillow, laid his head down, and then his eyes went blank. This man just made himself comfortable before laying down to die.”

19. “My Grandpa died from diabetes complications at home after having a leg taken. However my uncle, his youngest, was working in another country. We told him ‘ok papa you have to wait for Bruce to get here.’ He asked how long? We said about 17 hours. The last words I heard him say were:

’17 hours huh? That’s a long time…but ok.’

He went unresponsive after that and He died literally 20 minutes after my uncle got there and got to have some time to say goodbye. He waited, and he’s a bada** for that.”

20. “Not a doctor but I overheard an old lady whisper this to her old husband dying of kidney problems.

‘You are going to beat this, you got away with murder, this is nothing.'”

21. “I live in the Pacific NW and there was a rupture of the Olympic Pipeline in Bellingham in 1999. The petroleum flowed into Whatcom Creek. There were two little boys playing in the creek behind one of their houses with a barbecue lighter. They just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and the petroleum flowing into the creek was set on fire by the lighter they were playing with. It became a conflagration. We could see the thick black smoke pouring into the air from 25 miles away.

From what I remember, one of the older brothers and a couple of his friends ran out to the creek behind their house and brought the boys out of the water.

The little guys were severely burnt but in shock and with adrenaline running didn’t realize how hurt they were. I still cry when I think about it to this day when I read that the little guys thought that they had caused the explosion from playing in the creek with a lighter.

Worse, and this actually haunts me, is one of the boys telling the rescuers that ‘Oh, my mom is going to be so mad that I ruined my new clothes.’

These little guys died the next day of their burns. It was an unbearable account.”

22. “Last year: my grandfather started desperately pleading for his life with his German captors from WWII.

The doctor present was smart and said in German: ‘You are free, Herr Caticature. You are free.’ And then he died.”

23. “‘You’re not gonna believe this…’

Talk about a cliffhanger. Can’t wait for season 2 of Old Man With Heart Failure.”

24. “I work in long term care, and one of my residents was dying from lung cancer, we knew it was going to happen any day and she did too, she repeatedly stated she didn’t want to be alone so all Friday night nurses took turns sitting with her, when I came in Saturday morning they asked if I would sit with ( I worked in recreation).

She was such a sweetheart and had no children but had a niece who hardly visited and when we called Friday basically said call me when she is dead.

Anyway this lady was labouring to breathe, in and out of conscious but would always squeeze my hand if I squeezed hers. Finally I whispered in her ear, ‘the nurse just told me your niece is on the way’ she died less than five minutes later, she just wanted to know someone was coming. Her niece never came“

Yeah, I’m pretty sure some of those came straight out of my nightmares. I feel scared, sad, and a little bit of “what the f*ck?”. I’m super glad I didn’t chose to become a doctor. The money’s probably nice and it would be hugely rewarding, but Jesus, this stuff is horrifying.

25 Doctors And Nurses Share The Creepiest Last Words They Heard Before A Patients Death
troggi and bleakshaun like this.

Old 20th February 2018, 05:33 AM
Cult Master

It's a bit longer than the one-liners featured in this thread, but here is the story 'Spurs', by Tod Robbins, which was the basis for the film 'Freaks'

Spurs (short story)--the inspiration for "Freaks"

"Jacques Courbé was a romanticist. He measured only twenty-eight inches from the soles of his diminutive feet to the crown of his head; but there were times, as he rode into the arena on his gallant charger, St. Eustache, when he felt himself a doughty knight of old about to do battle for his lady.

What matter that St. Eustache was not a gallant charger except in his master’s imagination—not even a pony, indeed, but a large dog of a nondescript breed, with the long snout and upstanding aura of a wolf? What matter that M. Courbé’s entrance was invariably greeted with shouts of derisive laughter and bombardments of banana skins and orange peel? What matter that he had no lady, and that his daring deeds were severely curtailed to a mimicry of the bareback riders who preceded him? What mattered all these things to the tiny man who lived in dreams, and who resolutely closed his shoe-button eyes to the drab realities of life?

The dwarf had no friends among the other freaks in Copo’s Circus. They considered him ill-tempered and egotistical, and he loathed them for their acceptance of things as they were. Imagination was the armour that protected him from the curious glances of a cruel, gaping world, from the stinging lash of ridicule, from the bombardments of banana skins and orange peel. Without it, he must have shriveled up and died. But those others? Ah, they had no armour except their own thick hides! The door that opened on the kingdom of imagination was closed and locked to them; and although they did not wish to open this door, although they did not miss what lay beyond it, they resented and mistrusted any one who possessed the key..."
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!