Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2019, 07:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I literally never finish a graphic novel series as they just go on & on! Got to about vol 14 of walking Dead (where the Whisperers turn up) & haven't had time to continue (family, work etc), LOVED BPRD & Hellboy so did the first 12 or 15 collected volumes of each of those, on vol 10 of Hell on Earth, seriously DO NOT have time to wrap this thing up.

I would write something about the " comic book guy" stereotype, but since being "nerdy" , " binge watching" and all that stuff is currently socially acceptable (when I was doing it I was constantly told " get a life!" .....go figure!), i'll remain silent lest a bunch of bandwagon-jumpers berate me.

Old 4th March 2020, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thought this would be apter that the books thread ...

Picked up a few volumes of Dredd: The Complete Case Files. 2, 4, 5, 6 to be exact. Large pbs. £8 in total, and they gave me a Xmas issue free ("Seasons Beatings")

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th March 2020, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

^ Awesome! Great reading there from those glorious early years of 2000AD and excellent artwork.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th March 2020, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great then, should bring back a few memories etc

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th March 2020, 02:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

If anyones interested Zavvi are doing ten graphic novels for £19.99 (postage is £1.99)

Mainly Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc but there are three pages to choose from so a decent selection of D.C. titles.

https://www.zavvi.com/home/books/dc-...get_id=1754300
Old 15th April 2021, 07:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics...entertainment/

COMICSClassic Elvira Comics from the 90s Being Re-Released in Graphic Novel Collection from Dynamite EntertainmentPublished
As you may recall, Elvira took her talents to the world of comics back in the early 90s, and those classic comics are now being brought back from the dead by Dynamite Entertainment!

Originally produced by Claypool Comics in the 1990s, the classic comics of Elvira have now been restored and collected in a larger omnibus format, with pre-orders open now.

The official Indiegogo campaign explains, “Turn back the clock to 1993. Creators from every corner of the industry contributed to Elvira’s growing lore with stories and art celebrating the “sassy lassie with the classy chassis” including comic legends like Kurt Busiek, Paul Dini, Neil Vokes, Fred Hembeck, Dave Cockrum, and a host of others! Now the fiends at Dynamite are digging up the grave of these lost adventures and delivering them to Elvira’s fans with a beautiful custom Elvira Mistress of the Dark “The Classic Comic Collection” Omnibus!”

“This awesome tome of darkness is packed with Elvira awesomeness and is available in both a deluxe hardcover and an ultimate darkness edition signed by yours cruelly, Elvira Mistress of the Dark!”

“The Elvira Mistress of the Dark Classic Years Omnibus is the first volume kicking off reprinting the highly sought-after tales originally published by Claypool Comics. In these beloved adventures Elvira must contend with teen werewolves, killer clowns, aliens, a high school reunion, pro wrestling, and more! Plus, special Halloween, Christmas, and Easter stories. The book is available in paperback or hardcover and covers 26 issues, rounding out to a massive 600-page tome. And for a special surprise Dynamite is sneaking in extra bonuses amounting to .666 of an issue. That’s right gals and ghouls, 26.666 comics in one massive book! Spooky

Like this? Share it using the links below!