Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Graphic Novels - chat, purchases, reviews and collections. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/13310-graphic-novels-chat-purchases-reviews-collections.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th April 2016 10:00 PM

Graphic Novels - chat, purchases, reviews and collections.

With all the various book and comic threads i was surprised earlier this evening to find there wasn't a general graphic novel thread.

Feel free to use this thread to post reviews of graphic novels you've read, show us what you've bought, perhaps show off your collection.

It's entirely up to you.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st May 2016 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just started re-reading Batman: Gothic.

Must be 15 years since i last read it. Can't recall a thing about it. Has anyone else read it?

Nordicdusk 3rd May 2016 09:10 AM

Where is the best place to buy Graphic Novels online. My local book store is €30 to €40 for one balls to that I say.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd May 2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 488281)
Where is the best place to buy Graphic Novels online. My local book store is €30 to €40 for one balls to that I say.

To be honest it's years since i bought one.

I used to buy them from Forbidden Planet when i went to Manchester every Saturday morning.

It was like a ritual, cd and dvd shopping, spending ages browsing in Waterstones and Forbdiden Planet and usually spending £50+ each and every weekend.

I'm no expert in collecting them, i just bought what took my fancy, not a range or indeed no consistency.

You can still buy them from Forbidden Planet online or Waterstones website and of course Amazon.

Dave Boy 3rd May 2016 01:23 PM

Mek-Quakes 2000AD sale until 10th May. Includes some graphic novel collections.

The Official 2000 AD Online Store | Subscriptions, Graphic Novels, Comics, Clothing, Merchandise and More...

6566329 3rd May 2016 05:08 PM

I haven't bought any in a while myself, but noticed there's a new Daniel Clowes book out and I frickin love that guy. Anyone read it? I was looking for a standalone graphic novel in a shop today but wasn't much about. Anyone got any recommendations for recent standalone stuff a la 30 Days of Night or something similarly grim and violent? Is Snowpiercer good?

Justin101 3rd May 2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 488281)

3rd party retailers on Amazon do good deals, the likes of Wordery and Book Depositary it depends on what you're looking for really?

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd May 2016 08:25 PM

I am just finishing off The Invisibles. Incredible stuff, a crash course in chaos magic and shadow conspiracy theories.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd June 2017 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up this week. First graphic novel i've bought in years.

Deadite 3rd June 2017 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just started to get into them. Only ever read Watchmen years ago.

This is being ordered on Monday.