Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   HOUSE OF HAMMER: THE COLLECTION by DEZ SKINN (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/13960-house-hammer-collection-dez-skinn.html)

Rob4 4th November 2019 08:04 PM

HOUSE OF HAMMER: THE COLLECTION by DEZ SKINN

1 Attachment(s)
God this is tempting for people like me who owned the originals of these...

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th November 2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614936)

Who is the publisher? Where is it for sale?

Rob4 5th November 2019 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614943)
Who is the publisher? Where is it for sale?

looks like its self published.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th November 2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614955)
looks like its self published.

Is there no proper info on the book, Rob?

Mojo 5th November 2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614936)

My favourite mag of all time. Ordered!

Mojo 5th November 2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614961)

Dez Skinn’s Quality Comics published a hardback book collection of Van Helsing’s Terror Tales from House Of Hammer magazine recently, which I have. So if it’s anything like that collection ( and I’ve no reason to think it won’t be ) then it’ll be terrific. Got my copy ordered!

Rob4 5th November 2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 614961)

Sorry Dem, I got the info from CHFB and that's all there was. I tried to do an online search but came up with nothing. I guess since its all the HoH Hammer film adaptations that's basically what you get - 300+ pages of comic strip from some of the leading Brit artists of the 70s. Looks a good quality hardback but I'm not sure I can justify the cost despite the nostalgia value.

As an aside, my 8 year old self wrote to HoH requesting that they adapt One Million Years B.C. and it appeared a few issues later. Letter was published as well. Not sure I'd want to read it again... probably die of embarrassment. :lol:

Rob4 5th November 2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 614986)
Dez Skinn’s Quality Comics published a hardback book collection of Van Helsing’s Terror Tales from House Of Hammer magazine recently, which I have. So if it’s anything like that collection ( and I’ve no reason to think it won’t be ) then it’ll be terrific. Got my copy ordered!

Hey Mojo, is it still in print?

Dave Boy 5th November 2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614988)
As an aside, my 8 year old self wrote to HoH requesting that they adapt One Million Years B.C. and it appeared a few issues later. Letter was published as well. Not sure I'd want to read it again... probably die of embarrassment. :lol:

I've got all the issues on CD Rom and some loose mags. I'll see if I can find your letter. :lol:
I would have had a think about the book if it was every issue but if it is just the movie stories then no way for £50!
Not much info on this book is there? Just a picture and details of where to send the money.

Mojo 5th November 2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 614989)
Hey Mojo, is it still in print?

The hardback edition has sold out, but you can get the paperback edition from Hemlock Books.

Rob4 5th November 2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 614990)
I've got all the issues on CD Rom and some loose mags. I'll see if I can find your letter. :lol:
I would have had a think about the book if it was every issue but if it is just the movie stories then no way for £50!
Not much info on this book is there? Just a picture and details of where to send the money.

if its any help, its the gushing 'i love your mag...' one :whip:

Dave Boy 5th November 2019 06:32 PM

I found it. Nice one :clap: