Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2014, 05:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default heavy

Alien the Archive: The Ultimate Guide to the Classic Movies

Perhaps there should be sub thread on heaviest film books,although not the heaviest,I would of thought Stephen throwers nightmare USA was the heaviest,this new arrival certainly weigh abit maybe its written in Alien blood perhaps.

Old 9th November 2014, 06:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Alien the Archive: The Ultimate Guide to the Classic Movies

Perhaps there should be sub thread on heaviest film books,although not the heaviest,I would of thought Stephen throwers nightmare USA was the heaviest,this new arrival certainly weigh abit maybe its written in Alien blood perhaps.
A definite coffee table book.

Or perhaps you make a coffee table out of it.
Old 9th November 2014, 06:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Picked this up yesterday from Wayne Kinsey at the Hammer Films event in London.

A big,heavy duty book. Only available on the website.
Hammer’s Film Legacy | Peveril Publishing
After moaning about the postage. I could not resist! only 500 printed sold me. I would want it eventualy and then would have to pay silly money. Also picked up on the same site the Peter Cushing scrapbook, then onto Amazon for Nightmare USA and pre-ordered the Jesus Franco book. This site is costing me more than my ex-wife!.......on second thoughts!!

At least you lot make me smile!
Old 11th November 2014, 04:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
After moaning about the postage. I could not resist! only 500 printed sold me. I would want it eventualy and then would have to pay silly money. Also picked up on the same site the Peter Cushing scrapbook
Yeah, the postage is high but I'm sure you will not be dissapointed when it arrives. Same for the Peter Cushing Scrapbook. Awesome !

profondo rosso likes this.
Old 11th November 2014, 05:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yeah, the postage is high but I'm sure you will not be dissapointed when it arrives. Same for the Peter Cushing Scrapbook. Awesome !

Dave.

How does the Hammer book compare with some of the official Hammer books of recent years?

Basically if i own all those - The Hammer Story, Glamour, The Vault, The Art of, etc, is it anything new?
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 11th November 2014, 06:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dave.

How does the Hammer book compare with some of the official Hammer books of recent years?

Basically if i own all those - The Hammer Story, Glamour, The Vault, The Art of, etc, is it anything new?
I have all those too Dem, but such a limited amount means a great investment! Also I just can not resist anything to do with Hammer, they have been my inspiration since I was smaller than Danny De Vito's danglies and unfortunately, even though skint with xmas coming, I had to have a copy. Your probably right about it repeating most of whats already been printed though, but hopefully I am wrong. It does look a huge tome!!!
Old 18th November 2014, 11:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Arrived today, amazing quality, the Hammer book is hernia inducing and the Peter cushing is much more weighty/thicket than I thought it would be, opening up landscape way, so much colour in both and loads of hammer stills etc I have not seen before. Well worth the outlay. The peter cushing book looks fascinating and presented in such a fashion that it will be easy pick up and put down, broken up with reams of colour images, letters, personal drawings, posters. Both Essential for Hammer fans.

2014-11-18 12.13.15.jpg
Old 20th November 2014, 03:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dave.

Like PR said, the book looks fantastic. If you have all the books that came before do you really need it ? Well I have all the books as well and I am glad I made the purchase. I can't resist anything Hammer and as we said it is a huge book of beauty. Anyone who missed out on Wayne's Bray and Elstree books will love this as it covers all the censor notes as well. The book covers each film on it's own rather than a continuous read as with the other books.
The book is now getting low on stock so I would buy now rather than later. You really will not be dissapointed even if you own a load of Hammer books already.
Old 20th November 2014, 04:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I agree, if your a Hammer fan, this is one of, if not the best hammer book I now own and I have most, the quality and size are amazing and with such limited stock you can rope into the deal a real collectors piece.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 25th November 2014, 07:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had a message on Kickstarter saying that the Never Sleep Again book is going to become available to non backers next year. Unlike the "Premier Edition", which is limited to 750, this edition will not be numbered or signed.
As backers of the project, we get first dibs on ordering a copy, so once the info is available I'll post it here for those members who expressed interest in it, I know there's been loads of folk on Facebook who are gutted about missing out on this.

"Hello Kickstarter Backers and Elm Street Fans!

Once again, we must thank you for the overwhelming, positive response to the Elm Street book. It's so exciting to see fans experiencing exactly what we hoped they would after getting the book in their hands. The journey to create the book, get financial backing, print the book and then ship it out to everyone has been quite a thrill ride. And it's not over yet!

As you know, by participating in the Kickstarter campaign, you had exclusive access to a numbered "Premiere Release" copy of the Elm Street book. Many of those were also signed by Thommy, Heather, Amanda and even "Freddy" himself, Robert Englund. Those unique copies of the book will continue to endure as sought-after collectibles among those most dedicated to appreciating the Elm Street Legacy.

In order to ensure the fulfillment of all the Kickstarter rewards would go as smoothly as possible, Red Rover Books ordered a quantity of books greater than the 750 that would be included in the "Premiere Release" for Kickstarter backers. These copies remain shrink-wrapped, un-numbered and, of course, unsigned.

We've had requests from many people, including many of you backers, if there are additional copies of the book available. While maintaining the uniqueness and exclusivity of the numbered "Premiere Release" copies of the book, we are putting together plans to make the shrink-wrapped copies available at the start of the new year. Kickstarter backers will be the first to get access to the limited quantity of shrink-wrapped books, so be on the lookout in the coming weeks for more information.

Again, thank you for your amazing support of this project. You helped make it happen!

Regards,

Thommy and everyone at Red Rover Books"

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!