Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

Inspector Abberline 1st September 2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 586681)
Thanks for posting, Inspector.

Just a warning. It's also a paperback update of this book below.

If you look at the page i've sampled it's the same one Amazon are showing as a sample for the book the Inspector posted. It also appears to be in black and white going off the Amazon pics.

If anyone's interested i highly recommend the book but see if you can still get a colour hardback version instead.

its all very confusing,they should have version 1,2 etc printed on the cover so we know what were buying,at first I thought it was a new book....:headache:

Inspector Abberline 15th September 2018 06:20 PM

horrrrrr

1 Attachment(s)
I had a look in my draws...(oh er)...and realised I had Horror by James Marriott and Kim Newman with this cover...

Attachment 209030

Demoncrat 15th September 2018 07:33 PM

Ach, all good in the end then ;)

Dave Boy 19th September 2018 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 209115
INSIDE BRAY STUDIOS: The Complete Story Of Hammer's House Studio.

I received a early contributor copy of this excellent new book by Wayne Kinsey. Glorious !

Hammer films took Down Place, a dilapidated mansion on the Thames outside Windsor, and turned it into the most unique film studio in England. Here we trace its history from Hammer and beyond to its closure with plans to develop the site into housing. We take you on a virtual tour of the studio, outside and inside, showing how Hammer developed it into a working studio. We’ll show how Hammer developed cramped space at the front of the studio into a back lot building set complexes which seemed huge on film. Hammer left the studio in 1966 to produce films in the larger studios but we show how they continued to use the studio for special effects on Moon Zero Two and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth.
Then we explore the incredible amount of film, TV and music work that went on in the studio after Hammer. We show how Hammer’s old stage 2 that housed their first Frankenstein set became the home for the model effects on Alien. Gerry Anderson made it a home for work on Space 1999, Terrahawks and Dick Spanner; the team on Terrahawks share their memories of working at Bray.
We have 3 separate chapters on the 1998, 1999 and 2007 Bray open days organised by Donald Fearney and Simon Greetham with loads of photos, many sent in by fellow fans showing the assembled guests and fans enjoying three incredible days at the studio.
We end with the sad demise of the studio showing evidence of the chronic damp damage that destroyed the interior of Down Place and the redevelopment plans to save it by converting into housing. At the moment the doors have been opened again temporarily to some productions as the redevelopment plans are finalised, but the photos will show that already the interior of the house has been gutted to its bare timbers to follow the extent of the dry rot damage and part of the studio has already had to be demolished because it was beyond repair and risking the integrity of the rest of the core house. A fascinating story that still continues as this book goes to press.
A4. 344 sumptuous colour pages. Hardback. £35 plus p&p. For release early October, 2018.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 588319)
Attachment 209115
INSIDE BRAY STUDIOS: The Complete Story Of Hammer's House Studio.

I received a early contributor copy of this excellent new book by Wayne Kinsey. Glorious !

Any chance you can take a few pics of random pages, Dave?

Dave Boy 19th September 2018 05:26 PM

Btw, this book will be limited and only available from here..
http://peverilpublishing.co.uk/inside-bray-studios/

There are some pages from inside the book on the site.
To enlarge the pics, open the thumnails in a new window.

Inspector Abberline 29th September 2018 07:26 AM

Father, Son, Sword: The Lone Wolf and Cub Saga

1 Attachment(s)
Father, Son, Sword: The Lone Wolf and Cub Saga

This arrived yesterday...

Demoncrat 29th September 2018 08:30 PM

Likes all round!

Dave Boy 21st November 2018 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Star Wars, objets du mythe : Pièces originales, archives inédites (French)

Attachment 210791

Full page archive pictures of masks, props, posters, photos and memorabilia from the Original Trilogy.

Concrete slab of a book. All in French but the pictures really don't need an explanation.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st November 2018 08:08 PM

What about this one, Dave?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-A...ords=star+wars

Out 27th Nov.