All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2012, 12:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
This just arrived, a few days early too which is a bonus. Quick flick through it and looks like an amazing book, highly recommended whether you're a Metallica fan or not
Too Much Horror Business : Hardback : Kirk Hammett : 9780810996595

Attachment 81754
Is there a Kindle version for this?
Old 26th September 2012, 12:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't think so but tbh it's worth the £15 I paid for it as there's hundreds of photos in it which I doubt would be as good in digital format, the man has a frigging massive collection, enough to make any fan insanely jealous!
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2012, 07:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had a good read of this last night, I really cannot recommend it enough, especially for people like Demdike who are massive fans of the old Universal films etc, its jam packed with rare posters and lobby cards, toys and masks etc
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th September 2012, 01:16 PM
Cultist in Training

Just came across this thread today and, as horror film books are a particular passion of mine, I thought I'd throw my hat in with a few opinions:

English Gothic by Jonathan Rigby - despite the undeniable importance of David Pirie's A Heritage of Horror, Rigby's book is, IMO, the essential guide to British horror cinema.
Nightmare Movies by Kim Newman - one of the most entertaining and interesting books on the subject I've ever read; recently updated so it's now twice the length of the original.
Book of the Dead by Jamie Russell - as mentioned way back at the beginning of this thread, probably the most comprehensive book on zombie cinema.
Inside The Wicker Man by Allan Brown - hugely informative write-up of the most troubled production in British horror history.

Honourable mentions:
Making Mischief - The Cult Films of Pete Walker by Steve Chibnall - the only book I've so far found on Pete Walker; not as good as I'd hoped, but gets a mention for being the only one of it's kind.
Beasts in the Cellar - The Exploitation Film Career of Tony Tenser by John Hamilton - I've yet to read this properly, but after a quick flick through it looks promising.
VicDakin likes this.
Old 27th September 2012, 08:50 PM
Cultist

just got back from Rome, so flicking through my haul from Profondo Rosso... 'The Making Of Deep Red', 'Written And Directed By Lewis Coates' and 'Lucio Fulci: Poetry and Cruelty In The Movies'

oh, and the updated Profondo Argento
Rik and sawyer6 like this.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:33 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Had a good read of this last night, I really cannot recommend it enough, especially for people like Demdike who are massive fans of the old Universal films etc, its jam packed with rare posters and lobby cards, toys and masks etc

been waiting for that one for a while now... payday is never soon enough
Rik likes this.
Old 28th September 2012, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some pics from the above mentioned book, sorry for the poor quality, I've had to use my phone
Attachment 82306Attachment 82310
Attachment 82313Attachment 82316
Attachment 82319Attachment 82322
Attachment 82326Attachment 82329
Attachment 82332Attachment 82334
Attachment 82337Attachment 82339
Attachment 82342
Old 5th October 2012, 09:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Can anyone recommend any good books on cult Italian films, perhaps even specifically gialli? Nothing academic, more of an listed encyclopaedia with reviews.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

This is the one that springs to mind Paul but it's hard to find nowadays...

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:17 AM
Cult Addict

These two cover giallo, the first one is a very general overview of popular Italian cinema and the second one is fairly academic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (10.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 120217_ladolcemortevernicularcinemacover.jpg (40.9 KB, 1 views)
Wes likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!