Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2013, 05:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
I was most pleased to pick up a copy of the above tome for such a princely sum and my nearest branch of TW also had the following bargain buys i was only too happy to snap up:

James Bond:50 Years Of Movie Posters £12.99
Seagalogy:A Study Of The Ass-Kicking Films Of Steven Seagal £3.99
and Keeping The British End Up:Four Decades Of Saucy Cinema £6.99.

You really can't grumble at such pocket-friendly prices.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 28th December 2013, 05:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Twilight Zone Companion

Not quite a film book but the The Twilight Zone Companion is essential for a fan of the series,this was to replace my 1st edition which I got with the original series one box set.

Old 29th December 2013, 11:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Two new books for me.

Old 30th December 2013, 05:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Not quite a film book but the The Twilight Zone Companion is essential for a fan of the series,this was to replace my 1st edition which I got with the original series one box set.

Possibly THE classic episode from the original series, and one which [i find] is incredibly sad at the end

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th February 2014, 04:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default I 'Ate You Butler! - The Making of On the Buses: Behind the Scenes of Britain's Favou

I 'Ate You Butler! - The Making of On the Buses: Behind the Scenes of Britain's Favourite Sitcom,
Snapshot_20140216_8.JPG
great book for da fans,as recomended by Sam,im sure this is a must buy for da Dems.
Old 16th February 2014, 05:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I 'Ate You Butler! - The Making of On the Buses: Behind the Scenes of Britain's Favourite Sitcom,
Attachment 130929
great book for da fans,as recomended by Sam,im sure this is a must buy for da Dems.
Makes you realize Fahrenheit 451 wasn't completely misguided.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got a Kubrick book, 3 writers including Alexander Walker give their opinions about the chess player etc.

Link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-Kubr...ywords=kubrick

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th March 2014, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default FAB Press £4.99 Flash Sale

Fab Press are having a flash sale with a number of their very impressive books reduced to £4.99 + postage. Even Girls Kissing looks attractive at this price.
Old 29th March 2014, 07:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Crab Monsters, Teenage Cavemen, and Candy Stripe Nurses: Roger Corman, King of the B-

Crab Monsters, Teenage Cavemen, and Candy Stripe Nurses: Roger Corman, King of the B-Movie.

can't recomend this enough,not only a great read but the book is supurb quality also,from the film stills to the paper all top class,and not to expensive.

Crab Monsters, Teenage Cavemen, and Candy Stripe Nurses: Roger Corman, King of the B-Movie: Amazon.co.uk: Chris Nashawaty: Books
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0801.jpg (93.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0802.jpg (91.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0803.jpg (95.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0804.jpg (91.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0807.jpg (98.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0808.jpg (95.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10th April 2014, 05:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Performance: The Biography of a 60s Masterpiece

41Ns4G7SWOL.jpg

The Works have this for £4,99.it can be got cheaper online but hey support the high street and get your fat arses down the shop you geeks

Quote:

Performance is a cult 1968 film that inhabits a disturbing world of sex, violence, reality, fantasy and unexpected role reversals. Beset by controversy, it brought together London s violent gangster subculture and the hedonistic world of 1960s rock stardom. When it was finally released in 1970 it attracted everything from puzzled admiration to vitriolic hatred. Mick Jagger s participation had helped director Donald Cammells sell his original idea to Warner Bros, but the studio heads were appalled by the perverted result presented at their first screening. Ordered to recut, and almost destroyed altogether, the scene was set for endless rumours and myths surrounding the history of the film as well as the personality of future suicide Cammell, the role of co-director Nicolas Roeg and the charged sparks between Jagger, Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg during the shoot. A film of enormous ambition, Performance is a compelling and shocking coda to London s Swinging Sixties era, and a film whose stature only grows with time. This book is a detailed account of the film from its inception, offering new and surprising insights into how it was made. Author Paul Buck has been researching it for over 40 years, drawing on many diverse sources, including his own interviews with participants who have rarely spoken about their involvement.

Like this? Share it using the links below!