Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th April 2021, 01:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

I bought a lot of figures from Toymaster in Burnley. It was a better shop when it was called Benns though.
I had a load of original Star Wars figures that me and my brother shared but somehow he got the lot in later years.

A shop called Benns would have blown my mind....

MR-BENN_0.jpeg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 4th April 2021, 09:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Ultimate Guide to Martial Arts Movies of the 1970s: 500+ Films Loaded with Action

The Ultimate Guide to Martial Arts Movies of the 1970s: 500+ Films Loaded with Action, Weapons and Warriors.
You Won't Believe Your Eyes! Revised and Expanded Monster Kids Edition: A Front Row Look at the Science Fiction and Horror Films of the 1950s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210404_103510.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210404_103537.jpg (97.1 KB, 7 views)

Old 4th April 2021, 09:57 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have a hardback showing all the Star Wars figures released from the first three movies and beyond. I love that book. I was lucky enough to collect all the figures as they were released with the movies. However any that came out after Jedi i'd grown out of it by then.

I also had a few vehicles such as a Land Speeder, Scout Walker, Imperial Troop Carrier, X-Wing Fighter, Droid Factory, Sand Crawler playset, Death Star playset and this large Rebel Shuttle which housed all the figures.

A friend had the Ewok Village and Millennium Falcon play sets but i didn't. They were awesome toys.

Star Wars was pretty much all the toys i bought. Never was into Scalextric or remote control cars or Airfix or Action Man, that sort of thing although i did collect Action Force toys in my early high school years. I loved them*

*Times were a lot simpler then in the early 80's.
Yeah we had all those as well.
I kicked myself one Christmas for choosing the B-Wing fighter over the Ewok village.The B-Wing fighter was shite. It didn't do much at all.

Dem,for nostaligia,you need to check out this guy's ebay store....He MAKES all those old boxes the toys came in-I spent over an hour the other night on it reminiscing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/replicato...p2047675.l2563

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th April 2021, 09:59 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Let us know about the happy memories that come flooding back when you visited it....

Carefree days eh?
When you're only worry was how long it was going to take to get a Gammorean Guard figure!

Collecting them was a bit like hunting for videos-there were ALWAYS figures much harder to find than others!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th April 2021, 03:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah we had all those as well.
I kicked myself one Christmas for choosing the B-Wing fighter over the Ewok village.The B-Wing fighter was shite. It didn't do much at all.

Dem,for nostaligia,you need to check out this guy's ebay store....He MAKES all those old boxes the toys came in-I spent over an hour the other night on it reminiscing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/replicato...p2047675.l2563
Thanks for posting this link. You're right, does bring back memories.

I definitely bought my Tauntaun and Hoth Wampa toys as separates and my Land of the Jawas was different to the one shown as it had a larger desert base but didn't come with a life pod.

I also had those Mini Rigs, a Speeder Bike and Snow Speeder.

A hell of a lot of things i didn't have are shown there. Would have loved a Tie Fighter and Slave One and i always wanted an AT-AT Walker, but never got one.
Dave Boy and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 5th April 2021, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have all my original Star Wars figures and weapons. I'm in the process of re-carding them. All the original 12 figures are now re-carded. Some Empire and Jedi figures have been recarded also.
I also have the Palitoy Death Star in original box, Scout Walker in original box, Slave-1 in original box, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, Rancor, Tauntaun.
Cyborg and Muton in original boxes. The Lone Ranger,Tonto,Butch Cavendish,Red Sleeves in original boxes.
The Six Million Dollar man figure, Mego Superman, Batman, Robin and Spiderman figures, original Action Man figures and tons of weapons and uniforms and more..
Old 5th April 2021, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I have all my original Star Wars figures and weapons. I'm in the process of re-carding them. All the original 12 figures are now re-carded. Some Empire and Jedi figures have been recarded also.
I also have the Palitoy Death Star in original box, Scout Walker in original box, Slave-1 in original box, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing, Rancor, Tauntaun.
Cyborg and Muton in original boxes. The Lone Ranger,Tonto,Butch Cavendish,Red Sleeves in original boxes.
The Six Million Dollar man figure, Mego Superman, Batman, Robin and Spiderman figures, original Action Man figures and tons of weapons and uniforms and more..
I trust you've bought the boxed stuff after childhood?

Otherwise you must have been the most boring kid with all your unopened toys.

What are Cyborg and Muton by the way?
Old 5th April 2021, 03:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Nope! All my original stuff. Opened but kept in the boxes. Palitoy Death Star box has a lot of wear but still looks okay.
All my Star Wars stuff is in great condition. My figures look new. I really looked after everything Star Wars. It REALLY did change my life!

Cyborg and Muton. Cyborg defender of the Earth against alien Muton. See through bodies. You could add different weapons and there were various costumes you could buy.

Cyborg-box.jpg 9cfae707362e636f07e592b1208f44b0.jpg Cyborg-booklet.jpg dbef2-leafletmutonside.jpg
Old 7th April 2021, 02:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Stephen Jones book The Art of Pulp Horror which came out last October is currently at the bargain price of £16.32 (Free delivery no matter what)

I've ordered a copy myself. No Prime, delivery date this Saturday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Pulp-Ho...40032973&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1EGFAZ2HVL.jpg (97.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 7th April 2021, 03:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Just a heads up for anyone interested.

Stephen Jones book The Art of Pulp Horror which came out last October is currently at the bargain price of £16.32 (Free delivery no matter what)

I've ordered a copy myself. No Prime, delivery date this Saturday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Pulp-Ho...40032973&psc=1
Cool I have the The Art of Horror Movies: an Illustrated History, wich I'm sure you have mentioned before..
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!