Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2021, 03:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Cool I have the The Art of Horror Movies: an Illustrated History, wich I'm sure you have mentioned before..
I don't actually have that. If it drops down in price like this one has then i'll definitely order it.

I notice the Harryhausen movie posters book has also dropped down to £15.25.

I might just order that too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91mQdBM1GhL.jpg (101.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 8th April 2021, 12:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't actually have that. If it drops down in price like this one has then i'll definitely order it.

I notice the Harryhausen movie posters book has also dropped down to £15.25.

I might just order that too.
Feck me!

Just went to order it after thinking about it for hours. I already have four books on Ray Harryhausen and his films...and it's now £22.66
Old 8th April 2021, 01:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Not missing out on this one by thinking about it over night. It's normally £30 but currently stands at £17.99 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Plan...62840622&psc=1

A 304 page hardback book. Yes please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61N4ACanxHL.jpg (66.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 9th April 2021, 05:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just arrived from Amazon.

The Art of Pulp Horror has arrived too but i'm being given it for my birthday (in six months time) so i can't look at it now.

Incidentally it had a bit of scuffing at the top of the spine so i got an Amazon bot to put me onto a human who promptly gave me a fiver discount off my next Amazon order. Scuffing not shown on pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8599 (Medium).JPG (85.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8600 (Medium).JPG (55.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 9th April 2021, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have that Planet Of The Apes book, Dem. Great read.
Old 26th April 2021, 02:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Just arrived from Amazon.

The Art of Pulp Horror has arrived too but i'm being given it for my birthday (in six months time) so i can't look at it now.

Incidentally it had a bit of scuffing at the top of the spine so i got an Amazon bot to put me onto a human who promptly gave me a fiver discount off my next Amazon order. Scuffing not shown on pic.
Thanks to big gob Dem,that book is now out of stock....I want compensation,I want restoration...(and not like an old building kind of way either)...

Old 26th April 2021, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Thanks to big gob Dem,that book is now out of stock....I want compensation,I want restoration...(and not like an old building kind of way either)...
Oops!

To be honest with you Inspector, if i was to put money one way or the other i'd have said you already had this book.

And i'd have lost so i'm demanding compensation from you too.
Old 26th April 2021, 04:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Oops!

To be honest with you Inspector, if i was to put money one way or the other i'd have said you already had this book.

And i'd have lost so i'm demanding compensation from you too.
Eh.... case denied...next....

I to would of thought I had this book,but I don't.....

Old 16th May 2021, 07:01 AM
Cult Master

This might be of interest to some

'Night of the Demon' (1957) Ultimate Guide Signed + Art Print. Pre-order available from the Classic Monster shop - £9.99

Release date: June 2021

"Please note, this title will ship in June 2021.

The first 250 copies of the Night of the Demon 1957 Ultimate Guide are signed by authors Nige Burton and Jamie Jones, and come with a FREE art print!

Cross the line between reason and magic with our stunning signed Ultimate Guide to Night of the Demon, and rediscover one of the horror movie genre’s most terrifying classics.

The history of horror cinema is full of iconic moments, and many of them are to be found in Columbia’s 1957 masterpiece Night of the Demon. Now, Classic Monsters is proud to present a sumptuous signed Ultimate Guide magazine to this classic of supernatural and psychological terror. This full colour tribute publication is designed and produced to the absolute highest standard, taking you through the conflict between magic and rationality that raised the water mark for movie chills.

Within the pages of this signed magazine guide to Night of the Demon you’ll find an in-depth and lavishly illustrated exploration of the movie’s inception and production, following its journey from the pages of M R James’ horror tale ‘Casting the Runes’ to the movie screen. You’ll discover the conflicts that shaped its production and the debates that still rage today about the titular demon. Who made the decision to depict the monster in all its flaming glory, and were they right?

As well as detailed articles leading you through the making of the movie and its impact on horror culture, the signed Night of the Demon Ultimate Guide features a wealth of biographies telling the stories of the cast and crew behind the picture. Director Jacques Tourneur had previously helmed three of RKO’s celebrated noir thrillers in the forties, and took his skills to a new level in building the claustrophobic, oppressive atmosphere that makes his exploration of dark sorcery so special. This luxury signed Ultimate Guide magazine to Night of the Demon captures the mood of brooding fear that shapes the movie, from its agonisingly tense opening scene right through to the nail-biting finale.

Of course, Tourneur wasn’t alone in his endeavours, and the signed Night of the Demon Ultimate Guide features biographies of the many talented souls who created this enduring piece of monstrous movie magic. Stars Dana Andrews, Peggy Cummins and Niall MacGinnis brought grounded realism to the characters of psychologist John Holden, scholar Joanna Harrington and cult leader Julian Karswell; you’ll learn about their lives and careers as well as those of supporting players like character actors Athene Seyler, Maurice Denham and Reginald Beckwith. The plethora of facts in this signed Night of the Demon magazine guide makes it an absolute must for any fan.

From the high quality paper stock and crisp, timeless design to the pin-sharp stills and engaging writing, a commitment to excellence shines through in every page of the Night of the Demon Signed Ultimate Guide. Inspired by the movie’s noir stylings and powerful sense of urgency, this is a magazine guide like nothing you’ve ever seen. The use of full colour printing techniques means that even black and white stills have a beautiful richness and depth, giving you a stunning new look at this ever-popular horror classic.

Mr Karswell is determined to be taken seriously, and woe betide anyone who tries to discredit him. Those runic symbols are difficult to translate but it’s pretty clear they don’t mean anything good, so it’s best to keep them away from the fire and lose yourself in the pages of the signed Ultimate Guide to Night of the Demon instead. And if you see any billowing smoke outside, don’t worry. There’s nothing in the trees… is there?

Remember, the first 250 copies of the Night of the Demon 1957 Ultimate Guide are signed by the authors and come with a FREE art print, so place your order today!

Prefer an unsigned copy without the art print? Click here for the regular version of this title."

• 36 pages
  • A4
  • Full colour throughout
  • Luxury gloss laminated cover
  • Signed by both authors and hand-numbered
  • Includes a FREE limited edition numbered Night of the Demon art print

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st May 2021, 01:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Walker

Finally got around to buying the Pete Walker book, it's 2nd hand but in good condition,so very pleased i finally got it...

IMG_20210521_143651.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!