Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2021, 11:53 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I forgot, I’ve got another set of 18 cards to do based on Horror films from 2000 onwards (also paid), just waiting for them to arrive from Arizona any day now
I could have sworn you mentioned a Halloween book. Perhaps i'm mistaken.
Old 11th August 2021, 12:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default The Film Books Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I could have sworn you mentioned a Halloween book. Perhaps i'm mistaken.

Yeah, I thought I’d said that my pieces for that and the Aliens books were rejected in the members art thread. My best mate who is a professional artist only managed to get in the Aliens book, they had literally 100’s of submissions so it’s really difficult to get featured, her Halloween piece is absolutely amazing, she ended up selling the original painting for £350 I think!

Mine was shit, so I’m not surprised it was rejected, I rushed it at the last minute and it shows

2020-11-02_124157.jpg

I was happy with the Aliens one though, all done digitally for a change

IMG_2308.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th August 2021, 12:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, I thought I’d said that my pieces for that and the Aliens books were rejected in the members art thread. My best mate who is a professional artist only managed to get in the Aliens book, they had literally 100’s of submissions so it’s really difficult to get featured, her Halloween piece is absolutely amazing, she ended up selling the original painting for £350 I think!

Mine was shit, so I’m not surprised it was rejected, I rushed it at the last minute and it shows

Attachment 235276

I was happy with the Aliens one though, all done digitally for a change

Attachment 235277
The Myers one looks like one of the upcoming Shout Factory artworks.
Rik likes this.
Old 11th August 2021, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Myers one looks like one of the upcoming Shout Factory artworks.

Yeah, they’re ****ing awful, I don’t know who signs them off

That image above is a scan of the original drawing which makes it look crap, the original isn’t much better though, definitely not one of my best

Anyway, enough derailing from the threads topic, I do highly recommend the Hammer book, especially for you Dem with your love of lobby cards, it’s jam packed with them!

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th August 2021, 04:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

I had a quick scan through the book and at the art pages.
Yeah, it seems the art picked was from the established artists who already draw for magazine covers etc..
Shame that.
I will point out that as the title suggests, the book focuses on Hammer HORROR and so a there are are a number of Hammer titles missing. Good book though.
Rik and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 11th August 2021, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That’s right, but the editor put a public post on Facebook calling for artists, so I emailed him the Scars of Dracula drawing above as an example of what I can do and he said he would gladly feature my work, so I did the other one, emailed it and he said he “would be delighted to include at least one of them” and “both if space permits”

So, he basically lied to me in the end and now refuses to respond to my messages, lesson learned
Old 15th August 2021, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default looney tunes

The 100 Greatest Looney Tunes Cartoons ..

100 favourite looney tunes cartoons of the author...

looney (2).jpg

Old 1st September 2021, 05:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I love the Flash Gordon book by the same author so this should be worth picking up.

Quote:
Discover the thrilling story behind the making of Escape from New York and celebrate its legacy in this visually stunning, exclusive retrospective.

Over forty years after the release of the iconic hit, Escape from New York: The Official Story of the Film delves into the archives to showcase the creation of the movie. Directed by John Carpenter and released in 1981, Escape from New York thrilled audiences worldwide with its memorable characters, gritty premise and creative special effects.

Escape from New York: The Official Story of the Film is the ultimate retrospective to the cult-classic movie. This must-have book intricately illustrates the production process of the science-fiction blockbuster, plus the impact and influence in popular culture, as well as the costuming, special effects, music, posters, and much more. Featuring brand new interviews with cast and crew, this extraordinary collection of never-before-seen art will give fans exclusive insight into every aspect of Escape From New York.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1L7V3zGeWS (Medium).jpg (50.9 KB, 52 views)
Old 6th September 2021, 11:40 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Picked up another copy of Yours Retro today. Maybe not the most vital of magazines but it's classic movies and stars content appeals to me. Anyway, this months features Daleks, chocolate bars, classic noir, spectacled blokes hanging off clock faces and a glossy poster Arrow would charge fifteen quid for.

And then there's Deputy Dawg!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9050 (Large).jpg (99.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9051 (Large).jpg (96.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9052 (Large).jpg (95.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9054 (Large).jpg (94.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9053 (Large).jpg (90.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9055 (Large).jpg (97.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 11th September 2021, 05:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've preordered this (Although i'm hopeful someone might wish to give it me for Christmas)

It's from the same guy that produced the excellent book on UFO.

Quote:
The first fully illustrated book dedicated to Space 1999. This deluxe, full-colour hardback includes many rare and newly discovered images from the 48 episodes of what is considered to be Gerry Anderson's greatest TV series.

The lavish science-fiction drama Space: 1999 has captivated audiences around the world since its debut in 1975. The series starred Martin Landau and Barbara Bain, and was created by legendary producer Gerry Anderson. The ambitious premise exceeded the scope (and budget) of many of the era's disaster movies - following an accident that blows the Moon out of Earth's orbit, the stranded crew of Moonbase Alpha embark on an epic interplanetary quest for a new home. This definitive and fully authorised book includes a wealth of previously unpublished images - including new shots of original studio models and vintage merchandise.
208 PAGES - £21.15.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-1999-...s%2C202&sr=1-1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51mGZv4FOxS.jpg (39.0 KB, 29 views)
Dave Boy likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!