Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th April 2008 07:22 PM

The Film Books Thread

Came accross TERROR ON TAPE on amazon,second hand-over 2000 films reviewed!Even has Bloodbath at the house of death..........
also picked up BFI 100 EUROPEAN HORROR FILMS......small,but has CRACKING in depth reviews for some of our favourite flicks!
What movie books (if any) are you all flickering through at the mo?

vipco 13th April 2008 12:28 AM

I got Terror on Tape, quite good but if you want a real good read then 'Killing For Culture' is a must. Got a copy when it 1st came out and I would still read it now.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th April 2008 03:46 PM

Of course,anyone who's interested in the video nasty era should buy Mr Morris and company's SHOCK HORROR!,for me it's the definitive book on the outlaw years,I've read it umpteen times!;)

Angel 13th April 2008 08:37 PM

Art of the Nasty is excellent.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th April 2008 08:47 PM

Nigel Wingrove and Marc Morris,that one wasn't it?......Is it not hard to come by now angel?......I remember trying to find it in bookstores,as I was going to use the artwork from the book to make covers for all the video nasty copies that i had,which were not available on vhs in the uk.........

Sarah@Cult Labs 13th April 2008 10:23 PM

The Book of the Dead by Jamie Russell is a pretty ace book on zombie films - and has some really cool photo inserts of amazing artwork! It's one of my favourite film books ever. It's a complete history of zombie films and a filmography. And there's so many pretty pictures!

vipco 13th April 2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 2538)
Of course,anyone who's interested in the video nasty era should buy Mr Morris and company's SHOCK HORROR!,for me it's the definitive book on the outlaw years,I've read it umpteen times!;)

Totally agree Reaper. I have it to, excellent stuff.

Angel 14th April 2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 2548)
Nigel Wingrove and Marc Morris,that one wasn't it?......Is it not hard to come by now angel?......I remember trying to find it in bookstores,as I was going to use the artwork from the book to make covers for all the video nasty copies that i had,which were not available on vhs in the uk.........

Yes I would imagine it would be very hard to find now. I bought it when it was originally released.

The Seduction of the Gullible is another great read.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahw1984 (Post 2555)
The Book of the Dead by Jamie Russell is a pretty ace book on zombie films - and has some really cool photo inserts of amazing artwork! It's one of my favourite film books ever. It's a complete history of zombie films and a filmography. And there's so many pretty pictures!

The DEFINITIVE zombie movie guide Sarah,put simply,pure excellence.....:coolblue:

Sarah@Cult Labs 14th April 2008 05:53 PM

I love it - could just read it over and over again! So many zombie guides are just filmographies so the fact that this one gives a detailed history as well as a filmography makes it well worth the money. And some of the artwork it displays is pretty rare which is always good!