Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree2501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2017, 10:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, there are no cheap books to be had, I'll try the library and if not I'll just pick up Try or Frisk as they sound pretty good! Also The Sluts if I like those 2.
I read Frisk yesterday, it was a brisk read! To say I enjoyed it would be wrong, but I found it intensely interesting! Some bits worked better than others, the chapter which had Dennis flying from LA to NYC to meet Pierre inter cutting with Joe and Samuel in Sears was the most successful chapter I think. I also liked how the ending was an echo of the beginning, I found that quite satisfying!

Try has not arrived yet, that's coming from America, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading some more D. Cooper.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th September 2017, 07:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Finished Generation of Swine yesterday, now reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the first time in 4 years, forgot how short it is

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Well I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas this morning now started Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 29th September 2017, 07:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I read Frisk yesterday, it was a brisk read! To say I enjoyed it would be wrong, but I found it intensely interesting! Some bits worked better than others, the chapter which had Dennis flying from LA to NYC to meet Pierre inter cutting with Joe and Samuel in Sears was the most successful chapter I think. I also liked how the ending was an echo of the beginning, I found that quite satisfying!

Try has not arrived yet, that's coming from America, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading some more D. Cooper.
Glad you liked it. Try has one of my favourite sex scenes in a book, deeply sweet and utterly sad at the same time. The rest of the sex in the book made me want to hurl. Happy reading!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th September 2017, 07:52 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Glad you liked it. Try has one of my favourite sex scenes in a book, deeply sweet and utterly sad at the same time. The rest of the sex in the book made me want to hurl. Happy reading!
I ordered Ugly Man: Stories on Amazon earlier as it was only £3.00 I thought I should strike while I have the Dennis bug!

Old 29th September 2017, 08:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I ordered Ugly Man: Stories on Amazon earlier as it was only £3.00 I thought I should strike while I have the Dennis bug!
If you can, read the George Miles cycle of books together...they thematically overlap and have the occasional character drift from book to book, if not the actual person then their spirit. If I remember correctly a couple of them are based around weird shit heavy metal snuff fantasies, no power ballads though, I'm afraid.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 30th September 2017, 12:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Glad you endured it
Would love some on audio ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th October 2017, 02:12 PM
Cult Veteran

Has anyone taken on a new book for Halloween/October??

I've been reading (for the first time) Stephen King's The Dead Zone and I'm loving it! It's got a really likable lead character, Johnny Smith and a gripping story about precognition, I'm about 2 thirds of the way through so I'm just coming to the plot about the political campaign race!

It looks like I'll be done with 2 weeks to spare until Halloween so does anyone have a suggestion for the rest of the month?

Old 11th October 2017, 02:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’m still cracking on with the Game of Thrones books, currently on A Feast For Crows and struggling with it. Even though I’ve seen all the show, it’s just not gripping me like the previous books did for some reason
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th October 2017, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m still cracking on with the Game of Thrones books, currently on A Feast For Crows and struggling with it. Even though I’ve seen all the show, it’s just not gripping me like the previous books did for some reason
Which one is that, I read them all back to back so they blend into one. From the title I would say it's the Night Watch's trip beyond the wall and Jon Snow's rise through the ranks? Is there a lot of 'Bran' chapters because I know once he went all three-eyed raven I hated his chapters.

Old 11th October 2017, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Which one is that, I read them all back to back so they blend into one. From the title I would say it's the Night Watch's trip beyond the wall and Jon Snow's rise through the ranks? Is there a lot of 'Bran' chapters because I know once he went all three-eyed raven I hated his chapters.

It’s the one season 5 was adapted from, lots of boring Iron Islands chapters and Brienne searching for Sansa. Bran isn’t a featured character in this one (thank god)
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!