Like Tree2501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2018, 07:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Couldn’t find anywhere else to post this, so apologies for it not being a post relating 100% to the thread title.
Today marks the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, here’s an article from the BBC discussing the book and some of the many adaptations over the years

Frankenstein: Behind the monster smash - BBC News
I've just read that myself. noticed it when looking at the BBC's world news.
troggi likes this.
Old 1st January 2018, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Couldn’t find anywhere else to post this, so apologies for it not being a post relating 100% to the thread title.
Today marks the 200th anniversary of the publication of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, here’s an article from the BBC discussing the book and some of the many adaptations over the years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42411484
There's a new £2 coin due to come tributed to Frankenstein

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
MacBlayne, troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 1st January 2018, 07:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
There's a new £2 coin due to come tributed to Frankenstein

Didn’t know this, I bet it’s more than £2
troggi and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st January 2018, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Didn’t know this, I bet it’s more than £2
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-2-50-14097965
Here's the article

Rik, MacBlayne and troggi like this.
Old 4th January 2018, 12:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mrs. troggi bought me "The Last Temptation of Alice Cooper" so that's what I'm reading. I've finished the main body of the book, the beautifully illustrated comic strip, and I am now mining all the information contained within the copious amount of "extras".

38/10

Monster Magnet
Old 5th January 2018, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Reading Lucifer volume one, great stuff but reading it makes me weep at what they did with the TV show, especially with how American gods was done, but rumours abound that Gaiman is hoping for a sandman TV show with the same team behind American Gods.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 13th January 2018, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

This arrived today.

beyond.jpg
Old 14th January 2018, 11:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Spike Milligan's version of the Old Testament.
If you've seen any of these knocking about ... he did a few (including Frankenstein!! ) and they are all very silly. As befits the source material
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished reading Dan Brown’s latest Robert Langdon novel: Origin.
This time round, Robert and a new female sidekick are rushing to find the password to unlock a presentation by one of his former students that is said to shake the foundations of religions as we know them and answer the questions “Where do we come from?” “Where are we going?”.
Much like the previous 4 novels in the series it’s a gripping story full of symbolism, art and architecture, this time set in Spain and like a good series on Netflix where you say “One more episode before bed...”, it had me saying “One more chapter...” which is why I read it in only two days.
Yes, it is very similar to his earlier books, The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons etc, but that’s not a bad thing, James Bond films are basically one story told numerous times in different settings, the same here

FYI, the hardback edition is currently £5.99 in Sainsbury’s and if you’re a fan of the series, I’d highly recommend it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:55 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just finished reading Dan Brown’s latest Robert Langdon novel: Origin.
This time round, Robert and a new female sidekick are rushing to find the password to unlock a presentation by one of his former students that is said to shake the foundations of religions as we know them and answer the questions “Where do we come from?” “Where are we going?”.
Much like the previous 4 novels in the series it’s a gripping story full of symbolism, art and architecture, this time set in Spain and like a good series on Netflix where you say “One more episode before bed...”, it had me saying “One more chapter...” which is why I read it in only two days.
Yes, it is very similar to his earlier books, The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons etc, but that’s not a bad thing, James Bond films are basically one story told numerous times in different settings, the same here

FYI, the hardback edition is currently £5.99 in Sainsbury’s and if you’re a fan of the series, I’d highly recommend it
Thanks for the review Rik.

I thought Angels and Demons was fantastic, although The Da Vinci Code droned on a lot in the middle third.

I think i'll pick it up next week.

Like this? Share it using the links below!