Good Trader

Farenheiht 451
Old 13th July 2010, 01:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Not much of a reader, eh?

Do you remember any of the gamebooks you read in particular broonage? Ah, LOTR - I tried reading those but I gave up before The Two Towers FAIL. Mind you I did complete The Hobbit which was great.
Nope sorry, i just remember being killed off a lot and the covers being really cool (well for an 8 year old they were "the most awesome" thing).

I love the puffin cover! Reminds me of my childhood in the 80s.
Old 13th July 2010, 01:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tasy_gamebooks
Old 13th July 2010, 01:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Tell me about it Broonage - I keep dying ALL THE TIME! Luckily I'm writing it all down so I can just go back on myself Shh.

That's a great list there - I'll have to get some of them - only have the first 9.

Here's a great gamebook I need to check out too -

It's a modern zombie gamebook and you play the character of a chainsaw weilding pink plush bunny rabbit.

Hows that book, Inspector Tanzi?
Old 13th July 2010, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Farenheiht 451
'Tis a great book (and a pretty good film adaptation as well). I read a good amount of Ray Bradbury when I was young. Fahrenheit 451, Martian Chronicles, Dandelion Wine, October Country, Illustrated Man and Something Wicked This Way Comes were the ones I got through.

As sad as it sounds, I find it hard to put aside the time for reading these days. The last time I went on a small reading binge was a good couple of years ago with a bunch of Phillip Dick, some Robert Heinlein and a little bit of J.G Ballard. I managed about ten books in a couple of months, helped by a lot of travelling and then couldn't get more than a third of the way through Stranger In A Strange Land and haven't got back into a book since.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:22 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Presently reading "Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits:Shamanic Visionary Traditions in Early Modern British Witchcraft and Magic" by Emma Wilby and just about to start "The Devil is a Gentleman:The Life and Times of Dennis Wheatley" by Phil Barker.
Old 14th July 2010, 06:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Am re-reading Clive Barkers In the Flesh. Currently on The Forbidden(Candyman) story
Old 16th July 2010, 11:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Got 2 books on the go at the moment, first started reading Alex Cox's X Films, which is interesting, if a little humourless. This has been put on hold for Warwick Davis' Size Matters Not since the latter is from the library so I need to read it before it goes back! the Warwick Davis book is more light-hearted and an entertaining read, although I'm looking forward to the chapter on the Leprechaun books the most!
Old 16th July 2010, 08:08 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
As sad as it sounds, I find it hard to put aside the time for reading these days.
Likewise, I tend to read more in the summer actually, sitting out in the sun with a book.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:10 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Got 2 books on the go at the moment, first started reading Alex Cox's X Films, which is interesting
I've got that but couldn't get into it, must try again sometime, his spaghetti western book however I read cover to cover in a few days.

Like this? Share it using the links below!