Old 30th December 2011, 03:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post

I think they're books, Nosferatu.
I realised that (from the thread title!) a few minutes after clicking 'Submit post', but then forgot to go back and edit my post or add another to say I knew they were books and not DVDs or BDs!
Old 30th December 2011, 03:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think I've got the 80's and 90's ones back at my mum's house. They were massive if I remember rightly.

Almost finished The Colour of Magic, which has been pretty damn good. Never read any Terry Pratchett before.
Old 30th December 2011, 03:29 PM
Cultist

Just started reading "The Japanese Devil Fish Girl And Other Unnatural Attractions" by Robert Rankin.

Old 1st January 2012, 11:52 PM
Cult Addict

Presently reading "Southern Gods" by John Hornor Jacobs which is a strange mix of H.P. Lovecraft, hard boiled crime fiction and the myth of bluesman Robert Johnson.

I'm also reading Kenneth Grant's "The Magical Revival" which is a history of Western occultism from Mr Grant's somewhat unique point of view. Lots of stuff about Austin Osman Spare here.

I've just finished "Wyrd Tales 2:A New English Heretic Library Reader". This is a mix of weird occult/sci fi fiction, hauntological tracts, and a lovely and loving piss take on 80s industrial lp covers and bands. You get a CD with it too.
Phurious likes this.
Old 6th January 2012, 04:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I've got about 3/4 way through Marc Almond's biography but I'm going to give up on it as it's getting just a tad repetitive. It reminds me of Antony Keidis's 'oh woe is me'biography which I read when I had nothing else to read.

Self pity and a massive drug intake doesn't make for good readin, well not 400 pages anyway.

Now I've moved on to Bill Drummond and Mark Manning's absolutely filthy and hilarious The Wild Highway.

I've read other books by both of them and they make for great reading, a mixture of Gonzo and de Sade - well worth tracking down if you're not easily offended

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 6th January 2012, 04:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

British Horror Cinema is a collection of essays from various authors on different aspects of the British horror flick.
Amicus,Pete Walker,Censorship and many more are included and from what I've read so far,are all superb.....

Gangsters,Killers and Me....well the bloke that wrote it lives round the corner from me.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
I've got about 3/4 way through Marc Almond's biography but I'm going to give up on it as it's getting just a tad repetitive. It reminds me of Antony Keidis's 'oh woe is me'biography which I read when I had nothing else to read.

Self pity and a massive drug intake doesn't make for good readin, well not 400 pages anyway.

Now I've moved on to Bill Drummond and Mark Manning's absolutely filthy and hilarious The Wild Highway.

I've read other books by both of them and they make for great reading, a mixture of Gonzo and de Sade - well worth tracking down if you're not easily offended
I've read a fair bit of Drummond and Manning. Manning's Zodiac Mindwarp is still one of my favourite musical creations with lyrics that remind me of early Marc Bolan's more poetic moments crossed with knob gags.
Phurious likes this.
Old 6th January 2012, 06:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've read a fair bit of Drummond and Manning. Manning's Zodiac Mindwarp is still one of my favourite musical creations with lyrics that remind me of early Marc Bolan's more poetic moments crossed with knob gags.
You know I've never knowingly heard any of his music My first intro to him was through his book Get Your Cock Out, which has a memorable moment where a character has her nipples cut off and sewn onto her arse cheeks!

Actually Marc Almond talks about meeting him in his autobiography. I think I'd rather have read about Manning to be honest.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 6th January 2012, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
You know I've never knowingly heard any of his music My first intro to him was through his book Get Your Cock Out, which has a memorable moment where a character has her nipples cut off and sewn onto her arse cheeks!
Is that the book where Zodiac battles a thinly disguised Sisters of Mercy?
Old 7th January 2012, 03:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just finished reading The Slime Beast by Guy N. Smith. Just started Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris.

Like this? Share it using the links below!