Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree2501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2019, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished these books.

The Bane trilogy was a lot better than I thought it would be. It's the tale of a man whom becomes a sith Lord and sets out to end the corrupt sith empire and go back to the rule of two, as well as try to wipe out the jedi. The character of Bane is an interesting one and many of his problems with the jedi have merit a d in some ways the Jedi are as bad as the Sith. Also could be said to be the game of thrones of star wars novels with many main characters being brutal dispatched.

Now reading necroscope 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 510egeZyqaL._SY346_.jpg (20.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg download (27).jpeg (11.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg download (47).jpeg (11.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpeg download (46).jpeg (11.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 8th September 2019, 10:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Finished reading the Woman in Black and I've started reading William S Burroughs Exterminator!

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Just for info: The latest "Indigo Prime" story (and the last, apparently) in "The Galaxy's Greatest Comic", 2000AD, features a giant William S. Burroughs stomping through an alternate 1986 London looking for drugs. Earlier in the story was a giant meta-construct called "The Christthulu"! Oh! I almost forgot the three naked men, one of whom is a psychic Neanderthal, riding a giant "Hand-Creature" into battle, in the House of Commons, against "The Baroness" (Thatcher, of course).

Not something you see every day!

Monster Magnet
Old 8th September 2019, 10:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Just for info: The latest "Indigo Prime" story (and the last, apparently) in "The Galaxy's Greatest Comic", 2000AD, features a giant William S. Burroughs stomping through an alternate 1986 London looking for drugs. Earlier in the story was a giant meta-construct called "The Christthulu"! Oh! I almost forgot the three naked men, one of whom is a psychic Neanderthal, riding a giant "Hand-Creature" into battle, in the House of Commons, against "The Baroness" (Thatcher, of course).

Not something you see every day!
Almost forgot to mention, I've been reading "2000AD"!
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 14th September 2019, 09:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished Necroscope 2, so now going to alternate between Stephen Kings night shift and Star Wars Kenobi.
Demoncrat and troggi like this.
Old 15th September 2019, 09:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Almost forgot to mention, I've been reading "2000AD"!

Noted!!!
troggi likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th September 2019, 08:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I gave Ready Player One a second chance the other night after giving up early the first time I watched it, and I was obviously in the wrong mood the first time because I loved it. So much so that I have started reading the book of the same name by Ernest Cline. So far (about 10% in) it's bloody fantastic and I can't wait to finish work and carry on reading it

I read somewhere, and I can't remember where, watching a film first will not ruin a good book if you read it afterwards, but reading the book first will ruin plenty of films.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th September 2019, 10:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Typical Girls? The story of The Slits Zoe Street Howe

Yet again, can't you youngsters check your bleedin facts ? Regardless, this is a decent enough read as a whole, as they are all "in there" with even input from Levene! Ahem. He was the guitarist in PiL btw. The little footage there is of the original lineup just proves how "out there" they were, showing up most punk bands to be just square as fcuk as Yes and all that shite. Harumph!

Now reading Steve Jones' book, and by feck he is just as honest as Viv (Albertine, guitarist Slits) was in hers. Split into 3 sections, I put it down just as they start rehearsing in earnest. Otherwise I would just have read the whole thing in one go.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th September 2019, 10:17 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Typical Girls? The story of The Slits Zoe Street Howe

Yet again, can't you youngsters check your bleedin facts ? Regardless, this is a decent enough read as a whole, as they are all "in there" with even input from Levene! Ahem. He was the guitarist in PiL btw. The little footage there is of the original lineup just proves how "out there" they were, showing up most punk bands to be just square as fcuk as Yes and all that shite. Harumph!

Now reading Steve Jones' book, and by feck he is just as honest as Viv (Albertine, guitarist Slits) was in hers. Split into 3 sections, I put it down just as they start rehearsing in earnest. Otherwise I would just have read the whole thing in one go.
I went to a book event with Zoe Howe a couple of months back, she was with Celeste Bell talking about the Poly Styrene book they wrote together which is a bio pieced together by extracts from her journals and handwritten lyrics! Very interesting night and the book is lovely.

Old 26th September 2019, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Oooh noted J. X Ray Spex also rock my world in that non rockist way of course
Justin101 and nosferatu42 like this.

[B]
Old 30th September 2019, 12:33 PM
Cult Veteran

Kicking off October (yes I know 1 more day to go) with a lesson in 'why do we enjoy being scared?' by Stephen King.

Like this? Share it using the links below!