Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2011, 08:16 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Hello PB, I think it is Guillermo de Toro who is making/rumoured to be making "At the Mountains of Madness"

The best Lovecraft film I've seen is "The Call of Cthulhu" which if you haven't seen it was made in 2005 (I think) as a silent film, using early cinema techniques and effects.

I also really liked the fairly recent gay themed "Cthulhu" which plays like "The Shadow over Innsmouth" crossed with "Rosemary's Baby"!
Old 21st March 2011, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default the old man is not so terrible....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not a Lovecraft film but inspired slightly by the man himself is a great tv film I've seen and used to own on VHS called Cast A Deadly Spell, starring Fred Ward as cop in 40's L.A. where everyone uses magic. His name? Harry Philip Lovecraft!
that goes on the list then....
did any of you hear the recent audio adaptation of ATMOM on bbc7 perchance?? interesting and only slightly abridged....
the HPLHS are making another film....

cant wait...
Old 21st March 2011, 05:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Competition

Cool trailer.

Heard of the HLPHS. Can you get hold of their stuff outside the states? The problem being I dont have a region free dvd player. I've seen some of their collections and they look the old ones tentacles.

Did once see a naff recording of 'dreams in the witch house' by one of the horror tv series, although I cant remember which. I was staying at a friends and had rather too much to drink.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phsyco butcher View Post
Cool trailer.

Heard of the HLPHS. Can you get hold of their stuff outside the states? The problem being I dont have a region free dvd player. I've seen some of their collections and they look the old ones tentacles
Just checked, COC is region free. Why not just hack your DVD player and make it region free.
Old 21st March 2011, 10:08 PM
Cult Addict

ok that tears it, i'm going to watch the special edition mgm disc of from beyond....

quality cinema...
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phsyco butcher View Post
Cool trailer.

Heard of the HLPHS. Can you get hold of their stuff outside the states? The problem being I dont have a region free dvd player. I've seen some of their collections and they look the old ones tentacles.

Did once see a naff recording of 'dreams in the witch house' by one of the horror tv series, although I cant remember which. I was staying at a friends and had rather too much to drink.
would that have been stuart gordon's Masters of horror thing?? as stated hacks are fairly easy to get, ive got 4 multis in the house after years of accumulation ahem. Call... is easily the most faithfull of the adaptations ive seen...the HPLHS xmas carols cds are fnagthing lovely as well....to wit..
Old 1st May 2011, 07:58 PM
Cult Addict

I picked up "The Lovecraft Anthology Vol 1" today, whilst in town. A graphic novel containing 7 of Lovecraft's stories.

However, as a Lovecraft fetishist I really want this.Under Vhoorl’s Shadow » Leather
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st May 2011, 08:15 PM
Cultist in Training

H.P. Lovecraft is my favourite author of all time. Hell, I got this a few years back:

Old 4th May 2011, 11:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhulhu View Post
H.P. Lovecraft is my favourite author of all time. Hell, I got this a few years back:

wow, that's dedication now....
Old 4th May 2011, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I picked up "The Lovecraft Anthology Vol 1" today, whilst in town. A graphic novel containing 7 of Lovecraft's stories.

However, as a Lovecraft fetishist I really want this.Under Vhoorl’s Shadow » Leather
uuhh...now so do i...bonny!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!