Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics

Like Tree568Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2012, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'll pick up the latest DS out of completedness but I probably wont read it as I'm not really that interested in Hammer.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 16th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
I'm almost finished the Hammer special of TDS and last night had the pleasure of perusing Calum's hilarious interview with Christopher Lee from 2006. When the latter's name was mentioned in connection with heavy metal music i was totally creased and had to look again. I mean, an 84 year old Lee and Manowar?! Who'd have thought it?!!

I'm truly tempted to see if i can check out the former Dracula's 'Revelations' album on Youtube a.s.a.p. purely for novelty value. I also recall the actor did a duet with Gary Curtis on a cover of Elvis Presley's 'It's Now Or Never' back in the late '90s i think. There was even a music video if i recall rightly!

No wonder Lee is apparently quite fond of his villainous role in The Return Of Captain Invincible. He must've read the script, saw there was some singing involved and steamed straight in!
Old 16th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I'm almost finished the Hammer special of TDS and last night had the pleasure of perusing Calum's hilarious interview with Christopher Lee from 2006. When the latter's name was mentioned in connection with heavy metal music i was totally creased and had to look again. I mean, an 84 year old Lee and Manowar?! Who'd have thought it?!!

I'm truly tempted to see if i can check out the former Dracula's 'Revelations' album on Youtube a.s.a.p. purely for novelty value. I also recall the actor did a duet with Gary Curtis on a cover of Elvis Presley's 'It's Now Or Never' back in the late '90s i think. There was even a music video if i recall rightly!

No wonder Lee is apparently quite fond of his villainous role in The Return Of Captain Invincible. He must've read the script, saw there was some singing involved and steamed straight in!
There is a recording of songs from 'The Rocky Horror Show', which feature Christopher Lee as the narrator - Jay Records - The Rocky Horror Show

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th July 2012, 04:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Lee released a symphonic metal album in 2010 - Charlemagne.

He has been working with Rhapsody of Fire an Italian metal band, since 2004
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51VyzQQw2lL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (22.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 16th July 2012, 04:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

I got this back when it came out purely because he was on the cover.

DarkSecret.jpg
Old 16th July 2012, 06:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I got this back when it came out purely because he was on the cover.

Attachment 72525
Do you like it?

I've always liked Rhapsody. Luca Turrilli is an excellent virtuoso guitarist.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Yours truly must admit Lee does look the part on that album cover and i know it's true but i still struggle to comprehend the idea of the vintage horror icon collaborating with heavy metal bands at his age.

The thought is just so amusing to me!

The whole thing makes you wonder if the likes of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth fancy teaming up with William Shatner.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Yours truly must admit Lee does look the part on that album cover and i know it's true but i still struggle to comprehend the idea of the vintage horror icon collaborating with heavy metal bands at his age.

The thought is just so amusing to me!

The whole thing makes you wonder if the likes of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica or Megadeth fancy teaming up with William Shatner.
Why? Do you think music is age restricted and that past a certain age you're obligated to become an old fart who listens to only classical music? All music is for everyone of any age. In fact, the older the musician, the chances are the more skilled they are too.
Old 18th July 2012, 05:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Do you think music is age restricted and that past a certain age you're obligated to become an old fart who listens to only classical music?
Most certainly not. It's just that you don't associate such a straight actor as Lee with such a brand of music. You would think a man of his advancing years would prefer perhaps a more vintage or sedate sound. The situation is rather fascinating and somewhat amusing imo. Like the actor's two song numbers in the aforementioned TROCI. Because he's so renowned as a serious thespian, you never expect for a minute that Lee is suddenly going to burst into any musical number, let alone two. But when he starts singing and gettin' jiggy it totally catches the viewer offguard. You never see it coming and it's this whole element of surprise that i find interesting.
Old 1st August 2012, 03:41 AM
Cult Rookie

Used to see this around the place but not for a while. The problem with horror mags in Australia is that they are so damned expensive. I would rather buy a movie with the same money.

Like this? Share it using the links below!