Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Dark Side Magazine (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/6216-dark-side-magazine.html)

bgart13 18th July 2011 08:32 PM

Anyone checked to see if DS is plagiarizing yet?

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th July 2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 166879)

:pound:

Daemonia 19th July 2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

I'm sure we'll all know about it soon enough if they are. Personally, I don't think DS will make the same mistake for a third time. Or will they? :lol:

keirarts 19th July 2011 06:52 AM

So far so good with the mag as far as i'm concerned. Whats needed is more readers, more readers=more cash for articles. At the moment they seem to have stuck plenty of promotional pieces for dvd/blu-ray's getting released which is probably a decent revenue stream, but like any publication they need readers.

This is probably one of the main reasons I started this thread, the new issues came out of nowhere. Literally I walked into my newsagents to buy the paper and there it was. So I suspect plenty of people may not even be aware its out yet!

Perhaps i'm being overly zealous, but I grew up with dark side and i'm glad its back.

Pete 19th July 2011 12:02 PM

DS hasn't plagiarised since it got found out in 2005 and it was only the DVD review section. It's unfair that the others who wrote for the magazine get tarred with the same brush.

I can understand the writers affected being pissed off and wanting something done about it, but it always made me laugh when I saw people who had nothing to do with the magazine or those affected telling others to boycott it and going mad at those who buy it. You know, most people have their own things to worry about and really couldn't give a crap about what some magazine had done.

BAKA 19th July 2011 01:42 PM

I picked this up from Forbidden Planet today, along with Horror Hound (couldn't seem to find the latest issue of Fangoria yet though :(). Looking forward to giving it a good peruse later. I've never read The Dark Side at all, so I'm quite interested to see what all the fuss is about.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

:lol:They most certainly are, have you seen the cover? Nicked directly from Arrow's forthcoming Maniac Cop dvd cover.;)

I haven't read it yet, however on flicking through it the layout looks good, and you can see the text on the pages as well, i always had a grumble with that in the past.

Splatterdragon73 22nd July 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 167684)
I haven't read it yet, however on flicking through it the layout looks good, and you can see the text on the pages as well, i always had a grumble with that in the past.

My own latest edition of TDS is yet to be read too and based on the previous comeback issue i prefer the original look and layout of Allan Bryce's popular publication.:)

Pete 22nd July 2011 11:56 AM

I bought the latest issue this morning in WH Smiths and got a free copy of The Times!

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 167895)
I bought the latest issue this morning in WH Smiths and got a free copy of The Times!

Yesterdays Times was quite good, some well written football news. I got a free Darkside with my copy. :lol: