Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Dark Side Magazine (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/6216-dark-side-magazine.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th December 2023 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 693482)
Allan Bryce on FB:
"Doing a couple of commentaries this week for Sarah Appleton with my Reprobate pal David Flint for some 60s / 70s British horror / sci-fi flicks. Then in early January I shall be talking Lindsay Shonteff on camera with Linda Marlowe."

Does this mean Big Zapper's getting a release?

Susan Foreman 15th December 2023 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Infinity issue 68 - Coming soon

Susan Foreman 15th December 2023 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dark Side issue 250 - Coming soon

Susan Foreman 8th January 2024 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 693482)
Allan Bryce on FB:
"Doing a couple of commentaries this week for Sarah Appleton with my Reprobate pal David Flint for some 60s / 70s British horror / sci-fi flicks. Then in early January I shall be talking Lindsay Shonteff on camera with Linda Marlowe."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 693485)
Does this mean Big Zapper's getting a release?

Still not sure!

AB has posted an update on FB:
"I was the first journalist in the world to champion the work of Lindsay Shonteff. They said I was mad and there are rorschach tests to prove it, but I persisted and the world has finally caught up with me. Let's all go mad together. Because tonight I joined the amazing Linda Marlowe and the lovely Aimi Macdonald - her name is spelled incorrectly on the Internet as she told me - to discuss the eccentric, infuriating, one of a kind filmmaker who we all loved. Aimi was just a delight, her squeaky voice intact after all these years. Lindsay gave us Big Zapper and The Second Best Secret Agent in the Whole Wide World, plus Devil Doll and The Curse of Simba. I interviewed him in his garage and we had some proper laughs together. He was a cranky old chap but we bonded over coffee and sandwiches as we enjoyed an epic interview that was maybe the first and last he ever did. Thanks to my old pals Calum Waddell and Naomi Holwill for putting this together for a Blue Underground Blu release from my dear old pal Bill Lustig of Maniac fame. It's such a huge pleasure to be able to give credit to absent friends. Big shout out to Martin Coxhead who put us together in the first place. Calum and I argued politics as always, me being somewhat to the right of Dirty Harry, but I love the guy nevertheless. What a fun night we had, and a special thank you to my BFF Stuart Morriss, who won the lottery when he nabbed the delightful Jen and fortunately knows it. Thanks also to The Cinema Museum, which provided an atmospheric backdrop to the filming. Thanks to Pete Sim for sorting Aimi for us, what a lovely lady she still is, and to Brexit for stopping Calum from travelling abroad and annoying everyone."

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2024 11:03 AM

Macdonald was in No. 1 of the Secret Service. Surely BU aren't releasing a Shonteff box set. Have his family finally given in to demand to release these?

What is odd is that they aren't for UK consumption and you'd think being British films they'd have more appeal to British collectors than US ones.

We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

Susan Foreman 12th January 2024 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Infinity issue 69 - Coming soon

Susan Foreman 12th January 2024 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dark Side issue 251 - Coming soon

Susan Foreman 16th February 2024 08:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Infinity issue 70 - Coming soon

For anyone who was a child in the early 70s, the 'Humphries' feature should bring back memories

Susan Foreman 16th February 2024 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dark Side issue 252 - Coming soon

Susan Foreman 21st February 2024 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sampler pages from the latest issues

John Romita must be from 'Infinity'...

...and Valentine Dyall is in 'The Dark Side'